The New York Bass Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
catch & release
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,
Im kinda curious on what everyone's thoughts are on why places like tackle warehouse & bass pro shop are out of stock on a lot of items. now I'm guessing the covid has something to do with it but why?
thanks Jeff

·
Administrator
21,674 Posts
has everything to do with it: unfortunately, a great many of our fishing products come from foreign sources, especially, CHINA.....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Fishing and boating had a resurgence in popularity as well. People are looking to get involved with safe outdoor activities. After a few years of downward license sales, NYS saw a big increase in hunting and fishing license sales last year. So, increased demand along with limited supply.

It's been interesting. I fish often, and for a variety of species with a variety of methods from Fly fishing in the creeks to trolling for trout, salmon and walleye on the great lakes running spreads. Last year it was repair, reuse, repurpose. Equipment came out of the cellar that hadn't seen the light of day in 20 years. Hooks were swapped from lures that didn't catch to those that did. Broken rods were mended, and guides were replaced on rods that should have been sent out with the trash.

Honestly, I enjoyed the challenge. It was great to hear some of those old reels sing out again when we hooked a nice one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
has everything to do with it: unfortunately, a great many of our fishing products come from foreign sources, especially, CHINA.....
I'm down on Long Island, and I spend a lot of time offshore fishing for shark, tuna, etc. One of the big things that I noticed for much of last summer was the lack of container ships bringing merchandise from overseas. Usually, I see a couple, maytbe more, every time I go out. Last season, I didn't see any at all until August,when the pace started to pick up a bit.

That provides a pretty good indication of a significant drop off in imports. While it seemed that things were getting busier, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a while--months, maybe a year--before production, supply, and demand start to balance out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with all I have read above. I have found comfort in My fav place Truway sports in Walden NY.
Brad is the man and this place just gives a @uck!
Picked up a sweet St Croix Legend X yesterday. Yes it was 20 bucks more than on line but , a 7 foot one piece walk out the door rod is worth that ! as opposed to the beat up or stolen box at your door.
Love this place !!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
21,674 Posts
just checked out the location, via 84......nice to know

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey everyone,
Im kinda curious on what everyone's thoughts are on why places like tackle warehouse & bass pro shop are out of stock on a lot of items. now I'm guessing the covid has something to do with it but why?
thanks Jeff
Everyone uses TackleWarehouse, Bass Pro, Cabela's so they are the first ones to be out of stock. I started to use the smaller less known companies and have found they still carry stock that TackleWarehouse and the others don't have, especially in the hot colors.

Landbigfish.com
Fish USA
Susquehanna Fishing Tackle
Brannan's Bass Shop

·
Administrator
21,674 Posts
Everyone uses TackleWarehouse, Bass Pro, Cabela's so they are the first ones to be out of stock. I started to use the smaller less known companies and have found they still carry stock that TackleWarehouse and the others don't have, especially in the hot colors.

Landbigfish.com
Fish USA
Susquehanna Fishing Tackle
Brannan's Bass Shop
yeah, you have to really take advantage of the 'net and shop around these days...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tackle Direct out of N.J. had everything for my spring cart on Monday except a St Croix pole I wanted. They had some salt water combos for $100.00 my buddy bought 3 and we used them on Hudson last week and they were awesome. Prices are not bad.

·
Registered
73 Posts
LandBigFish is a good one, I usually receive my order in about 3 days from date of purchase. I've been using TW less and less unless because with their reduced staff it takes longer for them to pack and ship items out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts