The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
HardCore
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pneumatic retinopexy tomorrow. Sounds like they are going to fix my eye with a jackhammer and some epoxy.

Actually, it's cryogenics and a bubble of inert gas, but that's close, isn't it? See you all when they let me look up again.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Good luck Rich! Retinal detachment seems pretty common these days, my mother just had a similar surgery for this - it went well. Worst part was the soreness afterwards and having to lying on her side to keep the nitrogen bubble against the retina.

·
HardCore
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Procedure went OK, But didn't work all that well. The macular area got fixed, but the edge didn't. And a week later, a new tear developed in the retina. So A week or so back, I ended up in Yale New Haven Hospital for a Scleral Buckle and Vitrectomy. Now my entire eyeball is filled with gas and I have a girdle around my eyeball. Staring at the floor for another week or two.Sigh.
Haven't set the hook since 7/28. Won't get to go fishing -- or do much of anything else -- for another 10 days or so minimum. This sucks bigtime.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts