The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not looking for baits or spots but some general opinions of the lake. Is it worth a try or should i drive on by and try one of the finger lakes? Also is the launch 2wd friendly? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
It's a good fishery. How far you coming from, don't know where Johnstown is? I'm going to assume it's 2+ hours from here since I haven't heard of it. Not sure I'd drive hours at a time just to fish that lake, but if you are going to be in the area anyways it would be worth fishing. It's a fun little lake, but still big enough that I can't fish all my spots in 8 hours. Pike and tiger muskies in there too. The launch isn't a problem, not very steep and it's concrete. Guys launch smaller boats with Camry's and Volvos even. Never saw anybody have issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip on the launch. I will be in Skaneateles sat night so I figured on stopping somewhere on the way for something new. Is there a ton of boat traffic on the lake during the weekends??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.