The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my TX yesterday, checked the weather one last time at 2 in the morning while I had my b'fast, wind sse at 3 to 9 mph, perfect. I left the house with high hopes. The gates were opened at 6 and it was off to dump the boat, my hopes were dashed, the wind was out of the ene at about 20. The long and short of it, I zeroed, yep, the big black and white critter was in the boat, pickerel don't count. At blast off we sat in 3 to 4 footers, I had wanted to head to Frenchman Island and work that area, nope, not today. I went to Big Bay, the only place I could get out of the wind, took a bath on the way. After working it with topwater, torpedo, spook and buzzbait with nothing going on, I went to jigs, tubes and worms. After about 3 hours of nothing I headed for Frenchman Island, at the break neck speed of about 9 mph. After getting there my boat control issues got worse, out of the wind no fish, in the wind, with all the bouncing, it was difficult at best to know what the bait was doing. I had thought about the river but I noticed 8 or 10 pros heading that way, including Screaming Ike, the New Jersey kid. It wasn't my day, now if you'll excuse me I need to do my back exercises so I can sit on ice all day.
Rodney

·
Crass Angler
9,936 Posts
That sucks. I've never had a great tournament there. So close, but a few mistakes from finishing in the money. I live it there, but it can be humbling with money on the line. Sorry you had a bad day. Get 'em at the next event.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They'll be posted, hopefully this week, I'll post them when they are. It's been about 7 years since I fished a TX there, did pretty well fishing there, not this time. 3 trips, 2 practice, 1 tournament, wind from the west or from the east all 3, frankly I'm glad it's over. Now to get ready for Cayuga.
Rodney

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.