The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I was lucky enough to hitch a ride with Castmaster while in Syracuse. Jim, thanks again fot allowing me on your rig. We were on the water from approximately 4:30-8:15. Lake was like glass and bluebird skies made fishing a little tough. A few schools of smallies busted the surface in a few spots we hit but we just couldn't get the action we wanted from them. We threw drop shots, senkos (weighted and weightless) and top water. I picked up the first fish on a wacky rigged Laked Fork Tackle ribbed worm. After that we moved towards the shoals. Jim switched it up at the next spot and threw an A-Rig. First cast he hits a decent walleye. A few casts later he hits another walleye. He threw me a 3 wired A-Rig which I tied on an immediately hooked up on the first cast what ended up being the best smallie of the day, around 3 lbs. Action slowed and it was getting close to dark. One last move to the slop to pick up some large mouth fish people talk about on this lake. It was froggin' time. Jim hit a decent largie and that was it. Approximately 30-45 mins in the slop and only one fish. Time to head back.

Here's what 75mph looks like running across Oneida in Jim's Bullet.

·
One of the OE BOYZ
921 Posts
Was a pleasure had fun out on the water with ya snitch and your welcome anytime your in town. maybe next time we can get cats out with us hes a better guide. we needed just a slight breeze and it my have made the difference. I dont know the last time I saw that lake laying that flat think it my have been last season.

·
One of the OE BOYZ
883 Posts
Hey Snitch! Glad to see you got out on Oneida. It's a real bummer when you can't catch a half dozen or so SM's in a short a span of time. But you know fishin' can be tough on Oneida when the "toothies" aren't even grabbin' your bait in between.

Another reason I'm posting is, we hear about the late summertime spawning bass. Is that beat up tail on Jim's LM one of them?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Snitch! Glad to see you got out on Oneida. It's a real bummer when you can't catch a half dozen or so SM's in a short a span of time. But you know fishin' can be tough on Oneida when the "toothies" aren't even grabbin' your bait in between.

Another reason I'm posting is, we hear about the late summertime spawning bass. Is that beat up tail on Jim's LM one of them?
I'm not sure about the late summer spawning. Didn't notice the tail when caught but now I do that you point it out.

We had bass busting surface around us but they were not there long and when we did hit them they just didn't want what we threw at them. Maybe next time you, your son and I can get out together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.