The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw LOTR3 last night....WOW......just hand over the oscar.....stirring, captivating.....awesome fight scenes, emotional endings......this one really had it all....what a way to finish off the series....

the battle of Gondor has to be about the best battle scene ever filmed.......

long sucker....3 and half hours! but I was wide awake the entire time....

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hope to see it...

Glad you enjoyed it John. I've heard it's awesome. Might have to find a sitter and get out to see it over the holiday.

I heard the Academy is talking a special Oscar for the trilogy, which would be fitting.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I saw it too last night and was thrilled with it. I loved it all but the fight scenes move so fast it kinda makes you dizzy. I really don't think this will win an oscar that will go to a movie like Cold Mountain,always does. back to ROTK I liked the beacan fire part alot and the Nazgul getting killed is cool. Those stairs were great. Must see. If anyone asks to explain it(wife/girlfriend)it is simple Good Vs Evil the players are easy to figure out.

·
lost on the Lake
71 Posts
I managed to get tickets last night too. The Battle of the Palenor fields was probably one of the most intense fight sequences ever. If that movie was 3 1/2 hours long... just imagine the special edition. Still a movie like that goes by so quick that you dont realize the time.

Lunker Dave

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
Incredible movie, simply awesome.

Its movie magic at its best.........

Runaway winner for best picture, Oscar, Globe whatever......

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
who do you think was the best actor in this movie?

Sean Astin- Sam
Viggo Mortensen - Aragorn
Andy Serklis - Gollum
Ian Mckellen- Gandolf
Bernard Hill- King Theoden

I like Astin , that volcano scene was heart wrenching but Mortensen's " For Frodo" just makes you want to go beat sum Orks......

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this is a tough one, but I think that Sam stole the show in part 3

·
Registered
643 Posts
I stopped reading after John G's post.
I'm going Friday.
Never read this book so I want it to be a surprise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts