9th Greg/Wade 5 19.42
10th Larry/Meg 5 19.41
11th Bill/Don 5 18.27
12th Keith/Brian 0 0.00
Big Bass Larry/Meg 6.01 $60.00

Total Fish Weighed 55
Average Fish 4.45
Released Alive 100%

Man, What a day! Charlie and I started out on Seneca Shoal, and found fish fairly quick. The problem was, that we were in small fish. 3 lb fish won't get you anything out here, and after working depths from 31 to 15 feet, we decided to make a move at 11:00. We ran over to Canada, and got zero bites. We then decided to run over to Myers Reef at about noon. With a bumpy ride of about 10 miles, we pulled in just before 12:30. It was not long and I hung a good one on a spoon. The fish was a tad over 5, not a pig, but a good one anyway. The odd thing was that it was not even hooked! The fish had the spoon sideways in her mouth, and was clamping down so hard that I had to YANK the spoon out! Charlie then started whacking them on the tube. We quickly culled every fish that we brought to Myers, but ran out of time. We had to get rid of one last little 4-2, but could not get it done! I really wish we had gone over there sooner!

All in all, what an awesome day! How many time is the AVERAGE fish weighed in at a Tx over 4 lbs!!??!!?

Seth V

·
Registered
11 Posts
great tourn.

Seth

thank you for a wonderful tourn. I know Ron and I had
a Great time. Even though he forgot his net at home.
We managed not to loose any fish.. But our sleeves and arms were a little wet.

Looking forward to more Tourn. G R E A T J O B

·
Still throwing 208....
684 Posts
Now THATS TX fishin! Gee, its really too bad when your biggest problem of the day is culling those pesky 4lbers......! lol :)

Way to go guys!

Pat X

·
Dragging Bass
2,657 Posts
Rob and I started over in Canada, in an area I did well in for the Federation tournament. We made several drifts on different parts of the hump and caught one small keeper, maybe a pound and a quarter at best.

We made the move to another Canadian spot about 4 miles away and caught two consecutive small keepers in the same spot. Several more drifts, but no more fish. We had 3 fish for 5 pounds total. Water was rough over there though, with a south wind, good 4 footers with 5+'s mixed in. Both Rob and I got quite qweezy over there. This is NOT good, the last two times I have been on Erie, I have gotten sick, and for the past 6+ years prior I have NEVER even gotten close to feeling that way. I hope I haven't broken the seal!!!

Anyway, we decided to make the 8 mile trip back to Seneca Shoal, but unlike Seth, we found them there. The hot zone seemed to be 36-38 feet. Rob immediately got a good one on a spoon, it went 5.35 pounds and ended up being our biggest of the day. Our drifts were very short and very frequent, each time catching 1 or 2 fish on tubes mainly, but Rob managed a few more fish on spoons. We worked our way up to having to balance two 4.2 pounders for our smallest. Has anyone ever done this in 3 foot waves before??? One moment one looks heavier, then you go up and over a wave and the other looks heavier, and I even have a bubble level on my balance beam. It is nearly impossible when they are that close. So we just picked one and went with it (notice what margin we missed cashing by)

We caught about 25 fish total on Saturday and better than half were 3 pounds and over. I figured our "second 5 best" fish to be around 17-18 pounds.

It took me until about halfway through Sunday to start feeling "right" again. I am going to have to start medicating myself before going out on the big waters now :(

Are we spoiled having this fishery in our backyard, YES WE ARE!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts