The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are one month away from the NYTBF's event on the Mohawk, September 29th out of Canajoharie. TBF / FLW allows us to begin renewing memberships for 2014 and taking new 2014 memberships as of October 1st, 2013. With that said, anyone interested in fishing the 2013 event on the Mohawk that is not already a member, we'd be happy to hold your dues for a couple days, submit them after the October 1st date, so you would then be all set for 2014. If anyone is interested, check out our website at: www.nytbf.com

Thanks,
Ben

·
LM BASS
2,588 Posts
I'm interested, Canajoharie or Schoharie?

·
NYTBF President
109 Posts
Due to a Scheduling conflict with the Schoharie launch, we will be going out of the new Canajoharie site. Hope we see several new anglers at this event. Your membership will be good thru the entire 2014 tournament season. Membership $70.00, Tournament fee $90 Boater, $50.00 coangler, optional big bass pot for each division $10.00. .

Membership forms and entry forms can be found on www.nytbf.com

See you on the water
Bobby
NYTBF VP

·
NYTBF President
109 Posts
Exit 29, Palentine Bridge. It is in lock 13 just before lock 14. If on 90, after you go thru the toll booth make a right going into town, at the light turn right on church street. Access to the launch is on the left just before you cross the bridge.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Parking bad... Oh well, I'll just park at my house 3 miles away!
Nick, bergen had nothing to do with my snowball tourney, please stop using it in you ads...
have a great holiday all!!

·
NYTBF President
109 Posts
We won't have any trouble with parking as this is a off season tournament and we won't have much competition for parking. It is a dirt parking area and we will have someone assisting with parking coordination that morning.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Canjoharie pool been 2-3 ft low for 2 years... construction at lock 13... bigger boats beware, big drop at the end of the cement... They have some big docks there, and a nice pavilion for weigh ins... greay tourney site except for dust bowl parking... I work in canjo, you need any help... yelp...
FYI... I eat breakfast at the ramp every morning... check my ammo...
who what and where to send money for this deal??

·
NYTBF President
109 Posts
Iceman, Thanks for you advice and info on the ramp. If you go to our website www.nytbf.com select tournaments, then click on the on line application button, fill it out and select submit, then mail a check to the address provide. You will get a email from the secretary confirming that your entry was received.

·
Registered
150 Posts
northeast team bass has an open sched. for same day out of schoharie dufels launch site. have no further details at this time, maybe someone on this board has more info...........fee, time, and boat count expected. tryed to e-mail netb director with no response. would like to see one of these dates changed to add participation into both events. the river can handle the crowd though. i guess we have to choose at this point. looking forward to the fall mohawk fishing!

·
NYTBF President
109 Posts
wannabelikeike, we in NYTBF agree with you. It is unfortunate that there are 2 events scheduled for the same day, that said we provided this venue (nybass) and many others last October the entire NYTBF schedule for 2013, other organizations chose to not work around what we provided so what can we say. We have tried to provide a sample of the outstanding opportunities anglers have in NY by moving our events all over the state, and to provide another opportunity for those that want to compete in a Divisional format to do so thru our program.

We hope to see many new faces at this event, and remember membership fees paid at this event are good thru the 2014 NYTBF tournament season.

See you on the water

Bobby
NYTBF VP
Tournament Director

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Bob, Mohawk a crowded place in the fall... NETB won't have many boats... you won't get anywhere trying to contact them... The Canjo ramp a nice choice... Covered weigh in area... docks... drop me a PM with your contact person in town, I might be able to scrounge up some off site parking... and some drivers... Not sure If I'll fish or not, but will be there regardless to help... I'll donate a few pizzas... might have a cooler of "stuff"...
The biggest problem with mohawk tourney is the weather... fingers crossed...
Ike... Snowball wants to make a comeback but I need help and scales... working on it as I type...

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
CAUTION!!! 2 hotels near canjo... Palentine bridge... DO NOT stay there!!! bad places!! Scary... best bet Fonda near thruway exit or little falls knights in... both about 15 minutes from ramp...

·
Bass Angler
1,352 Posts
Mohawk River Opens and NY TBF

Sorry to read that Iceman has a problem with me using the Snowball name. Bergenites always enjoyed fishing in this event and were dissapointed that it was discontinued. Despite the chillly weather, Dave & Co. did a great jub in running a well attended fun event. Since it was axed, we moved the Hudson River Bassin' Lane Open to the same location, the Mohawk at Schoharie. We are on track for a Bergen Bassin' Lane Open Open on 11/3/13 and we have the site reserved for Sunday 11/2/14. There will be no advance registration - just sign up at the ramp or at the Valley View Motel Saturday from 5 to 6PM. No drawing of boat numbers - you receive your number, starting with boat #2, as you sign up. Boat #1 entry fee for 11/3/13, complete with free lodging, will be auctioned off at the 9/21/13 Lake Hopatcong Challenge Open Tournament to Benefit the Troops c/o the USO. For the Bassin' Lane Open, we go with 5 bass per boat. In an emergency or not, it allows a boater to fish the event alone and still be competitive.

Regarding the NY TBF tournament on 9/29/13, no matter where, Canojaharie or Schoharie, I look forward to fishing the Mohawk with Bobby & Co. I also wish Paul and Northeast safe boating and good luck at Schoharie.

Nick A
www.bergenbassmasters.com

·
Volunteer for Life
861 Posts
Ice - same here, in terms of let me know if you need help for Snowball Part Deux. Had a great time at the Snowstorm in 2012 - the Bergen event too - and would love to see all these events (Snowball included) happen again this year. Never too much fall SM action on the Mohawk. :cold: I may be able to grab the Rip Van Winkle scales and tub if you are in need. They're old school, but work fine.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Old school OK... Gotta get through TBF event and Joe Johnson tourney then I'll get on it... Sorry to say to all it will be a short notice...
This TBF event will be something comepletely different to me... A 5 minute ride!! WOW!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.