The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
21,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gregg, Pete and I were at the Boat show today and just like last year, enjoyed ourselves as it was a nice wintertime "diversion" to meeting for fishing purposes.....

right away we met Leigh at the entrance and spoke with our fearless promoter about many things......

after putzing around looking at all these luxury craft that you can't even think about buying, we had several surprises:

first, after talking with Rich Johnson, he brought us over to the Ugly Duckling Booth and personally introduced us to Doug Hannon. The "bass Professor" proved a friendly company as we threw around some fishing banter, including talking about NyBass.com......Charlie Stuart was not there at the time...I also got to speak with the head of Ugly Duckling lures and he was a very nice gentleman who gave me digits to reach Charlie, as so many of us are wondering what is happening in his life right now... I can tell you that he is planning a move to CANADA! but that is all I know at this point...will be back with more on this.......

well, later, we sat in at Hannon's seminar and then after the seminar, a young handsome and very mature 15 yr old comes up to me and says" aren't you John G?".....I guess he recognized me from Mike D's gladiator picture! AHHAHAHAHHAHAHA.......it turned out to be our member, FISHINUT! I met his Mom and Dad and his younger brother, all nice people! The NUT hails from Poughkeepsie and no doubt will remain active on here, as his posts are very intelligent and belie his age......

a little while later, we had a visit from another young angler, and who did it turn out to be but, remember him, GIORGIO, who was Dustins's fishing partner in High School!!! Giorgio is up at Albany studying Media arts right now...........

after more putzing around and looking at various things, we ended up at the TRACKER dealer and started up a conversation with one of the men, and who did he turn out to be , but none other than the owner of our familiar CT tackle shop, the Valley Angler! this being John Cumisky ....

Valley Angler is an official Tracker dealer now!! and he has a drop off and pick up later service option also for tracker boats........very interesting as the two other Marinas who used to handle them around Candy, no longer do so.........

I had written a report about Valley Angler Tackle shop once before on here, remarking about how neat and well organized this shop was........great to hear about their Tracker affiliation!

as Leigh said, other Freshwater boats were represented, like Stratos........

all in all, a fun day, beat the hell out of staying home!

·
Registered
526 Posts
John,

Was Garmin, Lowrance, Bottomline there ?

Any good tackle manufacturers ?...I heard there would be some tackle boothes there...

I cant believe NUT is only 15 y/o...He is a smart kid...Sounds like a very savvy angler too...Impressive there NUT...

Mark D

This is only my 19th post...I am born again...

·
Registered
248 Posts
LOL, Thanks JohnG and Basseracci:cool: :)

I found Doug Hannon's talk very interesting. Some of the things he talked about I'm not so sure I agree with, but he puts things into view from a non-tournament perspective, and I find that very interesting. He talked about how fish can hear sonar and trolling motors, and how it's best to slow down and observe. Myself, being a Jr. tournament angler, don't really like how he "put down" tournament fishing. I can now see how ones perspective of bass fishing differs greatly between those who fish for pure enjoyment and those who do it for the competition. Personally, I do it for both....

He also went into how sound waves travel through water and how a bass sees the color red. He is a great fisherman and definatly deserves the title "The Bass Professor" as he understands completely the scientific aspect of fishing and has caught 500+ bass over 10lbs.

I also had a chance to talk with Mr. Hannon for quite a while at the Ugly Duckling booth after the seminar. He is very knowledgable and gave me some great tips. His monotone voice didn't put me to sleep at all, everything he spoke about I found very interesting. He is also a very personable man to talk to one on one and offers knowledge openly being he doesn't fish competitively.....

I also talked to reps from Tracker and Stratos being my Dad and I are looking to get a "real" bass boat this year. We've been looking for quite a while at many different makes and models but haven't found the right one yet....

Thanks again Lpbassman for the tickets. My Mom had a great time walking around on those million dollar yachts. I tried looking around for you to thank you in person, but I wasn't positive what you looked like.
It was a great show:D

- Vinnie

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
I am very glad that every one enjoyed themselves today. It was great seeing our beloved Tyrant, Gregg and Pete there. Jet300 did show up last night and I took him on a personal tour of the 52' Azimut Yacht. My appartment should look that nice. LOL

If ANYONE wants to find me at the show there are two things you can do. Either go up to the show office and ask Doreen or Linda to have me paged on the walkie talkies....or at either of the shows two entances there is ALWAYS a staff member or floor manager present. They will also have walkies and can also have me paged.

John, Gregg, Pete & myself discussed the possability of taking up a "huge" collection from the site and perhaps purchasing something in the 45'- 50' class to use as the official NYBASS Party Boat. Please send your donations to...............:D

·
The Fishuation
5,011 Posts
Charlie Stuart was not there at the time...I also got to speak with the head of Ugly Duckling lures and he was a very nice gentleman who gave me digits to reach Charlie, as so many of us are wondering what is happening in his life right now... I can tell you that he is planning a move to CANADA!
Are you kidding me? That frickin Limie just became a US citizen this year.

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
We could have had a great deal on that little 500,000.00 boat!!!

Leigh - Thanks for the tickets , enjoyed looking at all the great boats I still can`t afford!!!LOL But , YOU NEVER KNOW!!!!

John - What happened to the Quest for the magic glue????
Did you end up finding it?

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
The GLUE GUY....

He is up against the front wall right in front of the Luhrs booth. So......this means you'll be back on Wednesday? LOL---need more tickets?:D

·
Banned
2,304 Posts
Hey Bassrat!

Yes I am a US Citizen but the work right now for me is in Canada, so I will use the time to learn the Great Lakes (mostly Erie and Ontario) and kick some butt next year back on the curcuit!

Miss you guys a lot!

Charlie:cool:

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Charlie--I'm sorry that you wont be able to make the show. I was looking forward to seeing you here.
Best of luck in the Great White North and stay in touch.

·
Banned
2,304 Posts
Damn It!

I knew that compass in the truck was messed up!

Charlie :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts