The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have a special post-holiday treat at NYBASS: Extensive coverage of the New York National Boat Show now playing at NYBTV! We're talking 15 action-packed minutes including:

Doug Hannon, "The Bass Professor", talks about shore fishing and hand-picks lures to use in Central Park!

LPBassman gives his take on alluminum vs. fiberglass boats!

John from the Valley Angler and LP discuss Candlewood lake!

I, MikeD in NYC, visit the inflatable exhibit!

and a special bonus: A new innovative bait from Ugly Duckling and Doug Hannon that may blow you away!

This is the most extensive and interesting NYBTV coverage to date... 70MB and 15 minutes... I reduced the frame rate and video quality a bit for those with slower connections.

DON'T MISS THIS ONE!

ENJOY!

click below to view clip.

Doug Hannon and The New York National Boat Show

·
Registered
246 Posts
Very, very nice.Great Job. I like the lengthier ones and this was full of info. Great job putting it together. I'm looking forward to future productions:D

·
Administrator
11,528 Posts
That was just fantastic, really enjoyed watching that.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you liked the clip, you would have loved the seminar... doug has studied the life and habits of black bass for years and has a very natural approach to catching fish... his methods remind me of earthworms style, actually...natural colors and motions, targeting the shallow water and hard to reach areas... he suprised me when he revealed that he has never been a tournament angler... i could have listened to him for hours and will definitely hit the next seminar he attends with questions in hand!... also, he's a very approachable and friendly person in general and was more than happy to do the interview for NYBASS, pro bono!...and i scored some cool ugly duckling baits also!...nice!

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rich...wmv will only work on windows computers...QT will work on all ... you probably don't have the quicktime plug-in installed.

i know that 95% of our members use windows, but 5% including myself use macs... and it looks like that ratio is increasing as the OSX operating system is becoming very popular.

it's very simple to install the plug-in... go here:

Quicktime

it seems that most members don't have a problem playing it on their windows systems.

·
Got smallmouths???
1,313 Posts
Looks good Mike

But be kind to us that are unfortunate to only have dial up:( although cable modem is coming soon to us up here in the woods :D I've been trying to load that video all day.

Also Mike the drop down menus script has an error,

Line: 470
Char: 9
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
Code: 0
URL: http://www.nybass.com/illustrated/nybtv.htm

If I am right I believe your proplem is in this part of the script.

input type="button" value="Play" onclick="loadPage(this.form.elements[0])"

I believe the number in bold should be 12

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was under the impresson Mac's were mostly used for publishing and editing while Windows runs the rest of the world. both business and private. Bring on the WMV's...this is the reason we only use WMV's on our site for our streaming videos of 30 minute shows or 3 minute clips.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:rolleyes: rich...where have you been?... this is 2004 bro, not the 1980's!...you ever heard of the ipod?...or the imac?... why exclude the members who have macs?... OSX is the way of the future!...microsoft is scrambling as they lose market share by the minute...download the plug-in and get with the program, dude...it's not that hard...jeez ;)

scott.. i see that on the drop down... thanks for the tip... i realize that viewing the clip will require a broadband connection... i didn't think many people were still using dial-up... i'll see if i can make a smaller version.

if any other members are having problems viewing the clip, PLEASE TELL!... i want everyone to be able to see the video clips(except dial-up users...doh!;) )

·
Got smallmouths???
1,313 Posts
Mike,

Unfortunately dial up is the only thing offered in this area for now, besides satelite and I don't think satelite would work well here, I have called Verizon and asked about DSL again not offered in this area. The cable company over the summer hung the new cable lines for digital cable and we are on the list to be hooked up for both digital cable and cable modem but they keep telling us about two weeks, that was three months ago.

I did get to see most of the video though up until the new magnetic Ugly Ducklings.

·
Registered
460 Posts
same problem..scott
bein in the bushes does have its drawbacks....

all they can do on this side of the river is dial up.....
we keep checking for satellite.....but not in our area..

cable co.........same deal

guess you just gotta play the hand your dealt.......;)

:beerchug: :beerchug:

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is now a LOW BANDWIDTH NYBTV PAGE where our friends with dial-up 56k access can view the current featured video... scott and buddy: please check it out and report back to me the results if you can... the audio/video quality is low obviously, but i think it's still watchable.

NYBTV 56K

rich: now we're even!... you can't view the video because you won't download the plug-in and i can't watch the ones on your site because you only cater to windows users!... c'mon, man... go quicktime!:D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Mike,,Thanks,,Other than only having about a 2"x2" view,it's so much faster, I'm able to see it fairly clear& think I'm getting all of the audio,watched about 5 min worth ,this evening I'll viewthe complete show ,,Tightlines,Mark:beerchug:
>

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mark...are you on 56k?...the file is only 5MB compared to 70MB for the other one, so there shouldn't be any problem viewing it.... i'm interested to see if 56k users can watch it immediately throughout without having to wait for it to download.... if it loads fast on dial-up, i'll try to bump up the quality a bit to find the ideal settings..

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah,I'm 56kmodem,currently connected 50.6kbps,,loaded almost instantly,,every little bit( 2 times in about 7 min of play) it stops& I hit just play againand it picks up where it stopped,,Mark

·
Registered
234 Posts
Mike,I should probably mention that I have Q-time downloaded& it used that for a player, sometimes even though I have a fast connection the server can be busy& slow things up a bit,,I can almost predict the times and now would not be one of them,Mark

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
Mike,
That was excellent footage. We, at the NY Boat show thank you for the additional exposure.

BTW: next time can you airbrush out most of my stomach? LOL The diet starts today!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts