The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was good to see everyone at the State Team Tournament registration tonight. There are 27 six man teams competing for the State title and the first flight will launch at 6am .The weather forecast is good and all they need now is some cooperation from the fish. Most of the people I talked to said that the practices were very tough and the fish were scattered. Good luck to all of the 162 anglers competing. I hope to get to talk to most of you as you come through the weigh in line Saturday and Sunday.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Oneida Lake NYBCF six man CTC tournament

The fish were turned back on today with many 5 fish limits coming in, especially in the early flights. Chris Killoren of Crown City took the days individual honors with a solid bag of 17.5 lbs. and Jeff Hermance of Adirondack took lunker honors with a 6 lb. bucketmouth. With as many guys that I talked to as they came through the line, I still have no clue of what they caught their fish on, where they caught them, or whether they fished deep or shallow. These guys were as tight lipped as the smallies on the practice days. One fellow was nice enough to tell me that he fished "Oneida Lake ' and another guy let it slip that he was using "soft plastics" Wow, with this valuable information I cant wait to get out on the lake myself. I probably wont be able to keep them off the hook. One thing that impresses me is that EVERY fish caught was released back to the lake alive. This speaks volumes as to how carefully the fish are handled and how well the anglers maintain there live wells. I often wonder how many fish are weighed in several times a season. My guess is MANY. I saw one guy talking to a nice 5lber in his bag. He '.was calling the fish Oscar and he said it looked like he put on some weight since he saw him last. The fish called him Lucky'. I don't have any information on team results after day 1 but what really matters is cumulative results after day 2. Im sure they wont know when to stop talking tomorrow afternoon. Good luck to all!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The A-rigs did the job today. several 15lb. bags. Crown city took the title. Yesterdays 17.50 bag by Chris Killloren and the 6lb.largemouth caught by Jeff Hermance held up for Individual bests of the tournament. Overall an excellent and well run tournament. Kudos to the people including the volunteers who made it happen. Ill see you all at Cayuga.

·
Dragging Bass
2,657 Posts
Tough fishing is an understatement. I caught a limit of bass, but it took me four full days to do it. I'd almost rather go back to the Connecticut River. lol Congrats to the winning teams, you guys earned it!

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Noel, If you and me met there sometime we may be able to get 5... have to be on a sunday though...

·
Registered
156 Posts
This one is on me. I'm new to writing press release with pictures. I'm guessing it'll be early next week. I'm also trying to put together a picture
album to put on Facebook. It'll get there as quick as I can...thanks Fred

·
LM BASS
2,588 Posts
Oh! Oh! We have another Paladin on the board!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.