The New York Bass Forums banner

Non Ethanol Gas

8K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  charliey 
#1 ·
Anybody know if there are any gas station or marina"s that have non ethanol gas in the Candlewood area????

Thanks
Charlie Y

#6 ·
I've been doing that...but the older motors just aren't equipped to withstand the effects of ethanol even using and additive ...I have a 2001 HPDI Yamaha and the ethanol is really hard on the fuel system....so last year I start removing the ethanol from my gas...it's a pain in the ass but in the long run its helps my injectors and filters...I already change all my rubber fuel lines with ethanol resistant fuel hose...ethanol was added to the gas supply in 2007 so older motors can and will have problems

#8 ·
There's problems coming for all marine gas engine and small gas engines..lawn mowers and such...the Government in there infinite wisdom has put there ok on raising the amount of ethanol to 15%....I don't think you will see it at the marinas but boaters like us that fill up at there local gas station are going to have to keep your eyes open for whats posted on the pump

#12 ·
All Stewart's don't carry it because of county law, I believe Westchester and Dutchess don't allow it to be sold in their county. I would suggest calling first if it's out of your way and to the best of my knowledge, you would need to go up towards Poughkeepsie but on the west side of the Hudson to find it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.