The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gone Fishin
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
After being very frustrated with the lack of catching fish during these warm days, I decided to see if the night time was the right time to get some fish to bite. Can't say I have any real conclusive evidence that night is better. Went to a few favorite flats looking for a topwater bite in the dark on Wednesday with fellow NYbasser Fishalicious. The water temps were 80degrees and there was a steady chop to the water. Tried on top for most of the evening without a sniff. I did manage to land 2 SM and a Largemouth all on a spinnerbait. The fish were hitting mid-retrieve which is usually a sign to me of chasing fish...but only got 3 in about 4 hours of fishing.
We had the reservoir to ourselves aside from some of those creepy bats and some bugs. Still amazes me that we are fortunate enough to be the only boat on a reservoir within 25 minutes of NYC. Although the fishing was slow, we really laughed our fannies off and had a great time!! Always fun spending time on the water, just hope the fish decide to join us next time. Here's a few pics from the evening for documentation sake....all fish about the same size, fought hard but bit lite. My spinnerbait got bent to all heck...back to the Terminators for a while. Fun night for sure...cant wait to try it again.

oh!! and check out this "selfie" i got from a number I couldnt identify on my cell phone at 5am this morning!! Amazingly hot chick..no clue why i was the recipient..that was a nice start to the day

Thanks for reading
KLunker18

Have a catch
take a kid fishing!!

Attachments

·
Unicorn Chaser
871 Posts
I still haven't even read your report or looked at the bass, but I can honestly say that photo puts this report among the top reports on ny bass, great job

1 - 8 of 8 Posts