The New York Bass Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
VOODOO CHILE
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2001 Dodge 1500 w/ 30,000 miles on it and am considering some new rubber.
My problem is the Goodyear Wrangler R/T's I have now are like driving on slicks since I bought the truck.Even if there is a chance of any precip,I'm chirping after every stop,and have slid to a halt more times than I'd like to.
Don't have a heavy acc foot and am tired of babying the thing every time theres weather.
Anyone know of a tire made that is better for wet conditions and also performs well year-round?Thanks All...><>...HS

Dodgeguy,Have you heard any complaints like this before at the shop.is the rearend too light with too much power up front?

·
Protect the 2nd Amendment
791 Posts
Pirelli Scorpians are the best handling longest lasting tires i've ever owned...

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
Look into Grand Spirit Aquatreds. They are the ORIGINAL rain tire. Rated for 50,000 miles. I have them on my LeSabre and this car has not skidded or fishtailed once since I own them. That is saying a lot considering the way I drive. LOL. Ask anyone whose been in my car. Get outa my F#*K'n way!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hooked, in my opinion &( experience)the weight distribution on Dodge trucks is a major problem,had the same prob with the GY,but also had it with BFG AT's,Now have on Coopers& still have the squirreliness when driving on wet roads,Tightlines,Mark:beerchug:

·
VOODOO CHILE
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Craig,
I wish it weighed alot more than yours.Half the prob is its rear wheel drive and has a Magnum V8.But that still shouldn't make these tires perform as poorly as they are.Give yours a couple months,You'll hate them alot.If you bought new from the dealer,I would start complaining now and try for an exchange.

Nick,Iwas on Tire rack.com earlier,great site.I read almost 50 surveys all on the GY RT/S.Not one of them good and all had the same complaints as I,hydroplaning,etc.
Went to my local GY dealer to have him take a look.He blame it on brakes,and too much motor for my truck:confused:
I'll look into the bridgestones...><>...HS

·
The Fishuation
5,011 Posts
Paulie, I upped the tire size form 235 70 r16 to 285 70 R16's. This not only gave it a heartier look it gave better traction and performance. I never hydroplane anymore. And it significantly reduced the rubber left at full throttle take off's and around turns. No trimming of the valance required. No rubbing anywhere and I didn't have to lift her at all. I can't say enough about these tires.They have a very aggresive aqua tread pattern.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts