The New York Bass Forums banner

Do you feel kids under 8 do not belong in mature people Restaurants after 7pm or ever

• YES

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • NO

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only in family style Restaurants like McDonalds, Pancake House, Friendly`s etc

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Screaming kids & parents are evicted immediately

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • other

Votes: 1 5.9%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was on the News this morning. Many restaurants are enforcing some rules on parents with young kids. Apparently, I`m not the only one who feels invaded upon by rug rats in nice Restaurants. People just don`t want kids ruining their expensive dinner with noise or whatever kids do. Restaurant owners said their business has increased 20% since they posted the "NO KIDS" rules. An informal poll was performed on TV. 70% of people agreed with the "NO KIDS" rules. 20% said no, & 10% said they were unsure. Now here`s your chance with this poll. Multiple choices allowed:

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Marty,
Do you have any children?
Woody
Yes, & we always got a baby sitter when we went out, unless it was a family style restaurant. I guess I just come from an era where people respected other people, & didn`t inflict their kid(s) on others. However, most of you folks feel that`s your right. I guess you don`t agree with the poll that was done on TV.(70-20-10)
I also guess that you don`t understand why Restaurants that have signs up banning children under 8 have increased their business by 20%. Wonder why?

·
Administrator
21,701 Posts
Marty is one thousand percent correct!!!!

it is a different world today: when I was a young child, we ate out SO FEW TIMES, that in the rare occasions we did, I was thrilled and happy and behaved perfectly....

none of us would dare carry on in a public place back then, because we would get clobbered..right or wrong, it worked....

but today??? these over indulged and spoiled children rule the roost, and will cry and scream at the drop of a hat....BTW if anyone asks, this includes MY OWN GRANDCHILDREN who, although I love them to death, are already royal pains in the arses publically....

kids of today not only carry on in such places, but, rarely, if ever, eat the food that is actually ordered for them, making it a waste of money on top of everything else...

there are plenty of "family" restaurants and eating places...why shouldn't there be "adult" places with such a restriction??

The place that my wife and I went for our honeymoon in the Poconos, at that time, did not allow children.....it was a thriving business back then....

·
Administrator
21,701 Posts
restaurants could simply be designated "FAMILY DINING" or " ADULT DINING"...

don't worry: they can still invade the McDonalds of the world, where they order greasy unhealthy food, which they then promptly ignore to either play with the worthless toy included in the happy meal, or run off to the rubber room to raise a ruckus there! LOL.....

at the Danbury Mall, there is a big "rubber room" right in the middle of the food court and you can barely hear yourself over the incessant screaming of the children...

when my wife and I eat at the food court there, I have to take off my hearing aid, otherwise, I cannot converse with my wife, as the high pitched screams of kids is hell on my hearing aid..seriously.....

hey, but that is a mall and would come under the "Family" designation...

but really though, there should be Adult designated restaurants...it would only be so many anyway...no matter what a poll might show, there are many places that would NOT take a chance with such a policy....

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank You JohnG. A voice of reason. We need Andy(footballs) to come on here & tell you his latest story regarding kids in Adult Restaurants. This from a guy with lots of kids & Grand kids.(Later-Andy is fishing today with Gregg)

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I'm not going to take my kids to a fine dining restaurant, but I have a 3yr old boy and a 1yr old. While my 1yr old doesn't quite get it she is still well behaved. For being a 3yr old my son is perfectly behaved in restaurants. He has never been allowed to run free and scream in restaurants. I see kids doing that all of the time. My son has been going out with us once a week or more since he was born. He goes in the restaurant, gets on his chair, and stays there until we leave. So far my daughter has been well behaved also. As far as going to McDonalds, I don't eat that crap and neither do my kids. Really if we go to a restaurant with our kids we go early before it gets crowded and before they are tired. We also ask our son if he wants to go out to eat. If he says no we don't go.

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He has never been allowed to run free and scream in restaurants. I see kids doing that all of the time.
That`s really the point. You have the 1 out of 10 kids who are well behaved. Most are not. The worst thing is that the kids who are the worst, have parents who simply don`t give a crap about anybody else in the restaurant. They sit there eating their food, oblivious to everything their kids are doing. Running up & down the aisles, screaming, throwing stuff or hanging over the benches annoying people on the other side. I`m not a kid hater, just a hater of parents who inflict their kids on others. There are many more of those people than the considerate people. Hence this post.

·
Life is good !
3,757 Posts
LB don’t start with this again, your violating the rights of Americans & Non-Americans. From what I have read the fine dining you go to can’t be more than $ 7.95.

·
Administrator
11,533 Posts
Thank You JohnG. A voice of reason. We need Andy(footballs) to come on here & tell you his latest story regarding kids in Adult Restaurants. This from a guy with lots of kids & Grand kids.(Later-Andy is fishing today with Gregg)
Yes he did fish with me and funny but he was telling me that story...lol

When my boys were growing up I tried to stick to kid friendly places. We used to go down to Toms River NJ to visit my wife's mom and we used to eat in a place called Country Buffet. it was inexpensive, and loaded we families with Kids. You had to get up to get your food which gave the kids something to do and they did not have to wait for their mom to finishing eating to go get their desert. I was fine with that and things like Friendly's, Chucky Cheese and whatever, but from time to time my wife would insist on something that was more "fine" dinning! She loves nice restaurants and likes to take her time. When the kids would get fidgety I would take them outside let them burn off a little steam then bring them back in.

My wife still likes nice restaurants and our sons are not only old enough to sit still their old enough to pick up the check once in a while..lol

·
Registered
458 Posts
I agree with Marty 99% being a father of a 3 year old and 2 year old, but dropping 50 clams isn't exactly fine dining these days. Sounds like Applebee's or something like that...you know, family restaurants. Nobody wants kids being loud and misbehaving, but at say Applebee's, you will get that. But when you're dropping 150 to 200 clams for yourself and the wife, it is fine dining and much too expensive to bring the loud kids....but that's just me.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Marty you need to raise the bar. That's the problem. I spend $50 just taking the 2 kids out.
A lot of times I get the older couple starring at my kids. Then they leave and come up to me and tell me that I have the best kids they have ever seen in a restaurant. The basic rule here is common sense. I don't go to chain restaurants either for the most part. They don't have good beer

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.