The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just joined this site as I've been trolling for a little while. I fished a bunch when I was living in North Carolina but now I wanna get back into it. I'd like to get out on a lake in a boat this weekend and do some bassin'. I've been looking for public boat rentals and the closest I've found to NYC are Lake Taghkanic and Lake Sebago in Harriman. Anyone have any other suggestions. Maybe if I still with the hobby long enough the wifey will let me buy a boat or kayak to really do some fishing!

Cheers!

P.S. I'm also an avid homebrewer if anyone else is.

·
Gone Fishin
1,212 Posts
Welcome Kyle. There was just a thread on places near u in addition to those locations mentioned. Do a search and you will find everything u r looking for. Plenty of kayakers here.
What's your brew?
Cheers!!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Welcome to the community Kylers, you are at the right place to get you on your way back to bass'n .
There are boat rentals at Bear Mountain's Hessian Lake
Bear Mountain State Park
845-786-2701

as well Mohansic Lake located in Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park
$30 cash deposit + $7 per hour (1-3 hours)
Over 3 hrs: $28 per day Cash Only
Phone: (914) 245-4434

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help everyone, I'm gonna try my luck tomorrow on Lake Taghkanic. They open up the earliest and actually had someone on the other end of the line, not just a recording taking me for a loop. Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.