The New York Bass Forums banner

New Jersey Lakes

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Bigdog 
Wow Mark,
You have just about covered them all...ALMOST leaving me with nothing to add. (Yeah right--that'll be a first. LOL)
There is also Manasquan Reservoir down near Freehold. It is electric only and they do have a boat rental and small tackle shop on site. I am not sure if they will let you dunk the Ranger there so you should call them to ask. They do have a good ramp that is capable of handling any bass boat. There are both LMB & SMB in there. You will find the SMB to the right of the launch area in the deeper water and especially off of the rip rap. LMB can be caught all over the lake. I particularly like the standing timber that is there. There is also a good lake at Cheesquake State Park that I fished a few years ago. It is also electric only and has some nice LMB there.

Farrington is a decent lake to fish. Its long and narrow, if I remember correctly. It also has a "crew" (college rowing) course in the middle of it, but there are some good LMB's there. It is electric only.

Re: What about the DOD lake??

MarkNJBass said:
I'm not really sure where it is in south jersey, but I know it's a hike from north jersey. I've heard stories of huge bass in there, but I don't know much about it. If anyone has fished it....let me know...thanks...Mark
DOD Lake is in Salem County in the town of Penns Grove. It is 120 acres and allows car toppers, has a boat ramp and is electric only. Thats all I know about it.

Here is an excellent site for info on the lakes of New Jersey.

www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/fishplc.htm

Skeet,
Im too lazy to look back at my own post. Can you put a Bass Boat with a gas engine on Union?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.