The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys haven't been very active on nybass in a while. I been doing a lot of saltwater fishing and haven't really touched freshwater much. Actually the last Bass I caught was at the fish for the cure. I wanted to share the new addition to my boat that I thought would interest a bunch of people. The fairly new GPS puck on my saltwater boat went bad and even though it'll be covered under warranty, I'm impatient so I bought a replacement in the mean time. Instead of getting the regular GPS puck, I bought the precision GPS with a heading sensor. I just got it today so I haven't ran the wire through the boat yet, but this thing is amazing! The GPS puck has an internal electronic compass so when you turn the GPS the boat orientation on the chart shows the correct heading and direction. With the old GPS you had to move at least 10' before your boat was showing the right heading and direction on the chart. This was a problem when stationary or drifting slow and casting towards waypoints. As you can see by the video I made which was actually indoors in my garage it seems to respond instantaneous to direction. Its supposedly faster acquiring satellites and more accurate also. It did acquire a signal pretty quick while indoors. I can't wait to try this out when fishing my waypoints!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked it up for $144 shipped from universal mania and i got it in 3 days. Gonna be much easier anchoring over waypoint in the open ocean. Especially when I'm just figuring out the drift direction so I set the anchor in the right spot.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All installed and accurate so far. Didn't get a chance to go for a tide with it yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts