The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, what did they do to the vegetation? It’s like it got hit by a nuclear missile. It’s like non existent on what once was plentiful. Anyhow, got out Tuesday. Weather was nice and winds were down. Scored a couple small bass on a black grub but boy it was like a totally new water.

·
Administrator
21,717 Posts
as you might know, that is the result of the chemical treatments to remove Hydrilla.....unfortunately, it has decimated all of the milfoil and a good deal of the coontail

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as you might know, that is the result of the chemical treatments to remove Hydrilla.....unfortunately, it has decimated all of the milfoil and a good deal of the coontail
Yes, I did hear about the treatments. I guess im surprised how quick the impact was. The word "decimated" is appropriate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A couple of years ago I volunteered to help clean out the hydrilla in Wampus Pond in Armonk. The group filled more than 100 large garbage bags. I did a rough calculation in my head when we were done and I estimated it at more than a ton. But all we accomplished was clearing out a small space around the dock. We could have been there for months and not finished it.

·
Super Moderator
8,142 Posts
As confirmed by the DEP, the Hydrilla treatments will continue this year. Sadly, my favorite reservoir will never be the same.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Out a few times, numbers have been very good, lots of pickerel though, size on bass has been good.
No complaints from me, hope it doesn’t affect the spawn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts