The New York Bass Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
bass addict
7,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys has anybody ever fished a Ned rig under a dropshot and done well with it. I'm thinking of trying it. I don't see why it wouldn't work. That way I could fish both on the same rod at the same time. I've had way more success with the Ned than the drop shot so you might wonder why I would bother. Sometimes I wonder why I would but then I think of all the guys who did things that were thought of as stupid and found a new technique. Maybe I'll call it Nedshotting.

·
Crass Angler
9,905 Posts
I generally fish it mid water column, so it wouldn't work well with me. Given the number of drop shot sinkers I lose, I'd say it wouldn't work even if I did let it settle. Too many hang ups with the rocks and zebra mussels. You'll have to wait a couple months and give it a shot (pun intended!) and let the rest know how it worked, and what kind of water you were in.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Ok guys has anybody ever fished a Ned rig under a dropshot and done well with it. I'm thinking of trying it. I don't see why it wouldn't work. That way I could fish both on the same rod at the same time. I've had way more success with the Ned than the drop shot so you might wonder why I would bother. Sometimes I wonder why I would but then I think of all the guys who did things that were thought of as stupid and found a new technique. Maybe I'll call it Nedshotting.
I can't see any reason it wouldn't work - replace the DS weight with a ned head - makes sense. Only thing I'd think would be a pain would be line twist/tangles.

In some ways it would sort of a be a finesse Alabama rig!! LOL!!

J.

·
Administrator
21,656 Posts
I know people who use the Zman finesse TRD as the bait with a drop shot, but not on a ned head, which would not allow you to have the plastic sticking out in the proper drop shot way

1 - 5 of 5 Posts