The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
depends upon the size of the chain: some chain is just as strong as any cable....but ANYTHING can be cut through if someone really wants to take your boat.....chains and cable are there to discourage "casual" thieves , or young kids looking for mischief or whatever: a serious thief will use a power tool to easily cut though any of those things. Same thing for the locks, again, discouragement. I have had locks that couldn't be opened anymore and I was able to cut through them in order to install the new lock. Make sure you report it to the proper authorities, especially, DEP, because since you are registered for that spot, you don't want to lose it, so that you can replace the stolen boat legally with DEP.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Sorry to hear. Like John said anything can be cut thru. If the can steal a cat conv off a car in less than 2 mins, chains and cables are no match. I hope something bad happens to the people who stole it. Karma is a funny thing!

·
Super Moderator
8,150 Posts
people are assholes! I had a seat stolen from one of my boats this year
No surprise there, as you should NEVER leave anything in your boat. I though I had seen it all until I had my OAR LOCK SOCKETS stolen! They took the time to drill them out .... how petty is that?!?!?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts