The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
21,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a perfect summer weather day...for a fisherperson! lol....for Beach Goers or whatever, it sucked..lol....but having cooler temps, and overcast all day long, threatening to rain, but never really raining, is a summer dream situation...

fortunately, the fish today at Cross River felt the same way, and we were finally blessed with a solid day of deep weed edge fishing, of which has not been very good at most of the reservoirs....

We ended up with 16 bass, and although initially, they were only in the 1.5 pound category, eventually, after covering a lot of ground and many of our favorite locations, we came upon one particular Weed bed that started giving up better quality fish like this 3.5 pounder:

and this 4 pounder:

as is the fickleness of fishing this season, someone can go there tomorrow and not smell a bite in the weeds...that is just how it's been...our fish, despite the overcast , were MARRIED to the bottom and all sorts of horizontal presentations would not produce a single fish....

but we could care less, as the bottom bite is always our favorite, with the main culprits being the Otter and the Plastic Worm...

water temps have fallen: was 79 in the AM and never got higher than 80: this compared with the high 80s temps of previous weeks.....

water quality was EXCELLENT and the weed growth over there is pretty lush, with most areas free of sticky moss and algae...a good sign if there ever were one.....

Gregg and I are going to have another long stretch of not being able to fish with each other on Sunday, as our combined social events are going to derail our days, so this day was a nice departure from the usual struggling that has accompanied most outings lately.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Great Job John and Gregg.
I heard your voice out there as you came around the rt 35 area around 1pm. My buddy and I had to get off for family obligations at 1:30. Would have loved to say hello but maybe next time. Did not fish too long 9:30 till 1:30 and we boated 12 lost three with the biggest 4.02 but all others between 2 1/2 to 3.12. and 4lb even. was out Sat. as well and got another 15 or so with all good quality fish. Biggest thing caught however were two Russian fisherman who capsized their jon boat in 70 ft of water. Luckilly we heard their screams and rescued them. One was drunk of course. Good thing the water was warm or they would have died. No one else near to help.
Fishing has been excellent all year. Best of luck when you both get out again together.
Steve A

·
bass addict
7,298 Posts
way to hammer a few good ones men

·
Administrator
21,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
good report, and good fishing....but for some reason your posts are the only ones where No pictures show up for me. Weird.

SS: they are being hosted by Photobucket, if that helps you any...this is definitely on your end, as no one else has had this problem, at least so far...

·
Not so lost...
3,676 Posts
Great job guys. I just finished up my first of many 60+ hour weeks in a row at work. Looking forward to my first tx in a month next Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.