The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
One of the OE BOYZ
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We saw a few new faces Monday Night that helped us have our best output of boats yet. We had a great turnout of 21 teams. Amazingly 4 other teams that normally come didn’t show for one reason or another. Jim and I (and the others) hope we can continue to have the Monday Night CNY Tx on Oneida success in the weeks to come*.

We know for sure Skeet and Buzz had a fun night taking:

1st Place with 10.55 lbs., our best 3 fish weigh-in so far with our best weight of Lunker @ 5.05 lbs. All LM’s. If that 3rd dink could have been culled? What a nice bag anyway for our “three fish weigh-in”.

Great job! Skeet and Buzz.

2nd Place Jim and Ryan 9.50 lbs
3rd Place Mickey and Bob 8.95 lbs
4th Place Jim Jr. and Jim Sr 8.55 lbs (Boo-yah!)

We also had a 5th Place runner-up, Knight and Rollie that received two packages of plastic baits that were nicely packaged by Mickey Fortunato owner of “M F Baits” from Constantia who also fishes the Monday Nighter.

Mickey invites any of the teams to visit his website @ www.mfbaits.com that includes Drop Shot weights, Skirts, Jig Heads, Accessories and of course the plastics that he makes and he’ll be happy to talk more about them at the Tx’s.

*Several individuals have come forth to say what a “great job” and “Tx” that “we” are running. Please again, to both Jim and I, it’s not a “we” thing. It’s a bunch of guy’s, gals and kids that are doing what they do best on a Monday Night, “Enjoy fishing” and have “fun” doing it. It seems like we just started and there are only a few Monday Nighter’s left before we turn it over to Saturday Mornings in September.

Hope others will join in.
Comments always welcome.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
You're getting a great turnout so these Monday nighters are obviously something the local anglers wanted

Nice job ... Jim Sr & Jr

and 10.55 lbs. for three is solid... no doubt... congrats!!!

·
One of the OE BOYZ
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're getting a great turnout so these Monday nighters are obviously something the local anglers wanted

Nice job ... Jim Sr & Jr

and 10.55 lbs. for three is solid... no doubt... congrats!!!
Thanks Burnie! Your congrats to those who fish this Tx and positive comments are always welcome. It's my opinion also that 10.55 that might have been a few ounces or lb more is pretty decent considering. I truly haven't had time but when it permits I'd like to ask opinions of others on the condition of Oneida Lake and what it's experiencing this year in the Off Topic Forum. It sure as heck is fishing alot different this year than in years past and I don't think it's all because of high water runoff etc.

Jim Sr.

·
Registered
74 Posts
that was a wierd tourny for us, all our fish came in about 3 feet of water. that 5.05lb fish came out of grass right tight on the bank in about a foot of water.i was able to see bait fish jumping out of the water along the banks and whenever we seen this we stuck a fish. Jim sr. i agree the lake is fishing differently than in years past. now that we found a few i hope they stay put for a few weeks. lol. see yas soon and by the way great tournys you guys put on.

·
Registered
229 Posts
last monday Jim let me test drive a Rhapsody flipping stick. The Beast. all I can say is WOW. the accuracy I was able to flip with was exceptional. considering I had never made one flip with one i was pitching a jig flawlessly imediatly. the sensitivity was great. could feel every little bump every little deflection. I must say im impressed. if you are interested in giving one a go see jim before each monday event.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts