The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys anyone been out on the Mohawk around the Scotia area - was wondering the how the water conditions are. Seems like its finally starting to clear up and level off. Anyone been out there? Any info on the water conditions and the bite would be awesome. May head out before work or after this week.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Not true on the water conditions but here it goes. I was driving to Syracuse today so I had plenty of opportunity to look at the river at 65mph :) in the car. The river still seems to be up a little but not that bad. The biggest thing I saw was there were some pretty good size stretches that had a lot of floating debris. Plus I believe that they finally opened up the locks today (7/17). I would say you are good to go to get on but be careful during your runs.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yea smoked them last Sunday wish I had fished the Masters on Saturday!! BUT the bite was probably different and I would have probably blanked fun fishing I always seem to find'em..........the River to me is totally different in the Scotia section then I have been used to for the past 20 years or so. Some spots are still producing others are just GONE these floods have done some real crazy Eff"en chit to the river! Went out tonight after work water temp is now 83 deg and the bite kinda slow not catching the quality I was the other day and didn't have to much time to roam around much before dark. Then I think my primer bulb chit the bed wont stay firm after fishing for a while and have never had a problem. Anyone ever change one out is it a PIA?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.