The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
thanks nick for the suggestion...i like it, but i don't want to clutter the forums too much more if it's not necessary... i know the new "wanted" forum has been very active...do you think it would be an active forum?... or is this something we can do in "tackle and tactics"?... lets see what members think... if a bunch of members want it, it will happen...people of NYBASS: let's hear your thoughts.

·
Smile, and enjoy life!!
2,160 Posts
on other forum boards they do reviews of equipment for a variety of hobbies. when a review shows promise they "sticky" it. i think a review forum would be great. one of the hardest parts of starting out fishing for me was finding decent revws of rods, reels, line, hooks etc. the 2nd hardest part was instructional - how to's. a few guys here have shown quite the knack for that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
When I purchase a mag. or go to a site that has product reviews,I tend to shy away from them,The sponsors of the sites or publication may not take kindly to a poor review,or an excellent review of a non advertising competitors product(actually you seldom see a review of a non advertiser& if you do it's usually a run of the mill or poor review),because of this I sometimes question the validity of the review,now the idea of putting a sticky to the general membership reviews of a product does sound good,or being sure it is archived for when a search of the product is made,just my .02,,Tightlines,Mark

·
Administrator
11,533 Posts
How about a product review section?
That's some of what Craig does in the Wormhole, His hook an line articles are product reviews in they own way. If Mike wants to add a new reviewer to the staff finding space to put the reviews is not a problem, it fining someone willing to donate the time and effort.

general membership reviews of a product does sound good
The general membership is always welcome to post a review. If it's a good one it could be stickyed to the top and it will wind up in the classic threads as well.

·
The Fishuation
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Craig does some sweet reviews, but I was thinking more along the line of all applicable products not just tackle.
do and I'm sure alot of other guys here buy alot of stuff, which is realated to fishing but not nessacerily tackle.
For instance:
Auto products
Boat products
Clothing
Coffee
And other gear.

By opening the threads to general membership the reviews would not have as much scrutiny as being biased. ( not that Craigs reviews are) I'm just speaking generalities here.

I for one use alot of auto & boat products and I try out different stuff always looking for the best. Like, wax, motor oil, cleaners, Tires and such. I thought by opening up this line of discussion we all could benefit.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think it's a great idea. I would be nice to hear everyones input and opinions about different products.

I agree with MikeD's point as to not wanting to clutter the forums, but this would actually declutter each individual forum. If you look at it there are many reviews in say the "Places to Fish" and especially the "Tackle and Fishing Tactics" board. With the special Review forum, product reviews could be seperate from tackle discussions and where to fish. This would make each forum less cluttered with reviews and contain more discussion of what the forum was intended to contain.

Great idea Bass Rat!!!;)

·
Premium Member
8,124 Posts
I agree, the product review section is a great idea ! :cool:

Ronnie

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
i believe most members think it's a good idea, so....

SHAZAM!...let their be a PRODUCT REVIEW FORUM!

the new forum is open to all members to share their experience with new product... members who have used the same product are encouraged to join in on the particular discussions!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts