The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought 4 reels to Craig to clean for the upcoming season. I like to take good care of my stuff but sometimes you can't help if a reel gets a little dirty or it gets dunked in a rapidly water filling aluminum boat.LOL

A few of these reels had been dunked and thoroughly rained on and my favorite daiwa reel had a spot where it gummed up from getting dunked. The same reel also had a dragsticking problem where it would stick if not used for a while and be fine after a few pulls of line. I also gave him a shimano reel that has gotten dirty some how from my boat.

Any way when I received these reels back and they were smoother than silk. No more drag sticking or rough spots in the daiwa reel after the cleaning. Craig had informed me that he also put a new drag washer in the daiwa because the old one was messed up. All the other reels were as smooth as I can remember and sparkling clean. For 10 bucks each it was a good decision on my part and I'm sure it will keep these reels going for years. - Joe A

·
Registered
314 Posts
Douche,
Craig told me he hated having to treat your Zebcos with kid gloves!!! LOL!~~~

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Andrew, no problem, I've been cleaning a bunch of high end stuff lately, except for Joe's snoopy combo. Go to my site and click on reel cleaning link for directions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts