The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Gone Fishin
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I got out on a local WestChester reservoir with Zipper on 9-11. The fishing was better than we have experienced lately which is a good sign that they are starting to feed. We caught fish on spinnerbaits, jigs and on some topwater baits. All fish caught were very healthy with round bellies and really strong fights while hooked. We each caught a fair amount, and found them in bunches. We also both missed about twice as many as we landed. Just one of those days...at least we found fish that reacted to some degree. Started 5am and did pretty well until the sun rose. After that it was really hot out there and we still found a few after tons of rowing near some shoreline bushes and laydowns. Tried the deep crank in a few places to no avail. We located a few new spots on the SI/DI to try later...seems i'm better at finding new spots than i am at going back later to see if they produce.
It was Tom's bday, so we had a good time as always, but it was also nice to make 9-11 a positive day (more LM than SM...but that's not what I mean) as we all from the NYCity area lost too many friends on that fateful day 12 years ago.
Here are a few of the nicer ones we caught.
Thanks for reading!!

KLunker18
Have a catch
Take a kid fishing!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Nice job. Losing fish means you are catching fish. Though I do hate those days where you only get 1 bite and lose the fish. If it hits the boat it counts

·
Registered
179 Posts
great fishing. I'm just starting to figure out NC a little after some head scratching trips. Still haven't found much quality, but the smaller lm I've caught there have fought like smallies. Always a pleasure to get out on those waters.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.