The New York Bass Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stealing this from Burnie Haney. He posted this article on FB and even though I own a bunch of LC pointers, I had never tried the 95 silent. So I got 3 to try out and sure enough after throwing a 100 for some time without a hit I put the 95 on and got a nice smallie first cast, and again and again and again. So I made this video.

The last fish on the video was actually caught before the others. I was trying to figure out a pattern and finally did, I think. I was only fishing it in 3-4 feet so it was bouncing off the bottom a good bit and it was really hard to determine a rock for a strike. The first one I got on video which is actually the third slammed it and I saw her coming. She hit close to the boat. The first fish on the video took it on the pause, jerk as soon as it moved. I caught several smaller fish which I didn't include and I figured out they were tapping it before taking it so I adjusted. If you watch as I get the second fist, I wasn't just pausing it, I felt the tap, waited and them moved it very slowly. This got me a few fish.

I'm hitting that spot in 2 weeks and with it being colder there should be quite a few more fat girls hanging out there.

Here's Burnie's link
http://www.bradwiegmann.com/lures/h...silent-but-deadly-on-suspending-jerkbait.html

Here's my video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WxJ3zRwlX4&feature=share&list=UUWWVH-vuscH_kcAVog8BwsQ

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
cool video and good info. I myself do not own any silent pointers (yet)

BTW, The Metallica version of that song is sooooo much better ;)

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ghost minnow was the best. Those fish are a tough bunch. Every day it's different.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
It can be a real game changer and especially if the other guy in the boat doesn't have one tied on.

This time of year is the right time to give one a try

When they want that subtle presentation it can be lights out if you have the 95 S. tied on and ready to go

·
Registered
145 Posts
Burnie... I'm still throwing a "Joe Thomas" Pointer 78 silent in a "ghost-like" color. Why did Lucky Craft discontinue this bait?

oe

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Who knows why companys change colors. I have had this same econversation and it appears if a color pattern is changed or discontinued they won't revive it unless they get a substantional amount of requests

I don't mean a few hundred, I mean more like a few thousand requests... and then they'll entertain it

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Yeah, I also do not understand why they discontinue some of their color schemes. My absolute favorite color scheme they had was the golden copper green shad. It was a silent rick clunn deep diver by lucky craft. Every lake I fish with this thing, slaughters them.

every once in a while one will pop up on ebay, but you pay a arm and a leg for it.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have found a few color's dicks that you won't find on their site. It did say a dicks exclusive on the pack. I wish I would have bought a few because it is a hot color and it was on sale. I was finding LC for good deals on ebay but they now seem to all be $15.99 or higher

·
Registered
145 Posts
Who knows why companys change colors. I have had this same econversation and it appears if a color pattern is changed or discontinued they won't revive it unless they get a substantional amount of requests

I don't mean a few hundred, I mean more like a few thousand requests... and then they'll entertain it
I was referring to the 78mm size.

oe

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think there is a silent 78. I'm not a big fan of the 78 and would rather have the 95 and 100. Even on cold winter days fish hit the 100s and won't even look at the 78s. Only reason I have them is some guys on eBay didn't know what they were and a got 10 for $30.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't think there is a silent 78.
A few years ago I found a Joe Thomas signature Pointer 78 SILENT at a Dick's Sporting Goods. I fish it more than any of my other Pointers. I've never seen another one. Since the thread topic was singing the praises of the 95mm silent Pointer, I'm asking if I might expect to see another shot of 78mm silent Pointers anytime soon?

oe

·
Crass Angler
9,915 Posts
OE, I didn't realize you meant the silent versions. I've got a few of the Joe Thomas Flat Mini cranks - probably got them on sale at DSG, too. Never saw them again. They have an unusual pattern, similar to MS American Shad, but more green.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dick's does have 1 off of the lucky craft at times.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The other thread about jerkbaits got me looking through some of my pictures and I found this one of two satisfied customers on my LC Silent pointer. Come on spring! :peace:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts