The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase some reapers and would appreciate any information you may have on sources.
Thanks, and Good Fishing, Mac

·
Registered
241 Posts
Too funny, I was just BSing with Joe P about something like this. I LOVE Snakebite's reapers in Mike's Baitfish and green pumpkin/red flake. I use 'em to dropshot and splitshot. They have a dropshot shad that is killer too. There is a color, I think smoke&pepper with a neon green vein, that looks A LOT like Lucky Craft's Chart Shad. I usually just use a pearl white one, on a dropshot and this thing will catch darn near anything!!
Terry Battiste and Brian Quinnett are a couple of GREAT fellas to deal with!

I think the URL is:

snakebite.net

Their dropshot baits are 20% off right now too.

I wanna try the waterdogs in green pumpkin/red gills. They look pretty cool. I also use their thin-walled tubes sometimes. I got 4 100cts of mocha/gold flake in the bargain bin for $12/bag. They are KILLER at times.

Good luck and hope this helps,
ScottB

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Take a look at Al's Worm's in CA. Thia guy will custom color anything. He's got one of the best reputations in the hand pouring business and I use his product extensively. He makes a ton of stuff I wouldn't even attempt. He is that good. He sells a ton of stuff on ebay. Prices are great too.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yah Craig, I forgot about that one. I just got some baby als senkos in smokin' shad and he sent a free 35ct of his 4" in smokin' gun too. Can't beat his service. My buddy from GA, James Proctor (who I told Bill about for darter heads) makes the JP jigs for Al's website. I use his Spot Getter heads w/ 4/0 VMC hooks for Baby Brush Hogs.

www.alsworms.com

Good luck, ScottB

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
jeez Scott...youre all over the place....:D did you know Brian used to play pro ball with the Knicks?

Ive never fished a reaper.....how in the world do you fish that thing....???

Joe

·
Registered
241 Posts
What can I say, Joe? I have been in hibernation long enough!! :D

I usually drop shot them, esp the Mike's Baitfish, fish 'em slider style on an Owner's Ultimate Head or mojo rig them. I think they can be great in highly pressured clearwater places. I bought A BUNCH so I have been using 'em.

ScottB

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sorry Tom,

just a little excited to be back on the board!! Been meaning to give you a shout to see how the health was. Woody just asked me how you were doin'. I will try to drop you a line sometime. We were at Lake George last October for a wedding right on the lake and I was thinkin' of ya!! Got any of your killer "secret colored" zippers left??? *L* Luckily I have quite a few of your crappie-colored bolts! :D

Take care Tom, Scott

·
Plastamaniac
541 Posts
Hi Scott
I'm hanging in there......buying some time, but I'm not complaining. Things could always be worse. I am presently working on some molds and when I'm finished with them I will be doing some remodeling work on my bathroom and when that's done I'm going to do some pouring. I'll send you some of those zippers and even can do ya some reapers in that color.;) ;) Say hi to Woody for me.
Later T

1 - 10 of 10 Posts