The New York Bass Forums banner

Looking ahead to NyBass.com Fishing Get Togethers!!!!

4K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  kilrbil 
#1 ·
time to check the calendar and start planning ahead.....

one of my intended goals this year is to mix up the boater and non boater arrangments so that we get more people fishing with new people that they haven't met yet.....

we've kind of fallen into a "fish with my buddy only even in Get together mode" of which I too am guilty...but this year, I would like to change that as much as possible....

we had done a May deal on Candalwood last year, so that we could do a legal job prior to Ny opening season....I would like to do another CT one, however, we might change the water this year as a variation.....

the biggie, 3rd week in June to celebrate opening season, will be at Whaley again, as they were just too nice to us for the two we did there last year...

every July, Jeff von Senko does his Barbecue thingie at Wampus Pond......

and last year, we had a Reservoir get together that was really neato! on Croton, where we had access to the most boats.....would love to repeat that one also....

in the Fall, we had returned to Whaley, and everyone did pretty well then considering the time of the year......

we also had another BashaKill Bash in April I believe, as the Bashakill preserve has open bass fishing all year round, only problem with that place are two things: one, where are the bass! LOL....we caught almost exclusively pickerel...and two, it really depends upon water levels, which last year were pretty high with all the rain, because that place is tricky to maneuver under best of conditions......Scott E, something maybe to think about......

we tried to get a somewhat limited job on Orange Lake last year, problem there is it is a private lake so we need boaters from the lake association to step up, and last year several boaters had to back out for various reasons, which kept that one a little small...but that is a fabulous water indeed and we had a ball there that day, guests of SenkoSam and Johnny Bearpaw......

will start checking the calendar, consulting the moon phases ( lol ) and come up with some dates, as I like to get them squared away as soon as possible so that people can plan and schedule days off accordingly.....

last year, the guys from WNY had a little problem cementing their get together in the Fall...never happened...perhaps they will come to the fore again, as maybe Meg will step up and be the gracious host again ( hint hint! LOL)........

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey Craig...we really should plan a LI get together....

like a whole day thingie but 2 events....say from 7 am to 12 pm at Forge or somewhere, then a half day trip on one of those striper or blue fish outing....

just a suggestion...

Joe

#10 ·
The reservoir get-together will definitely happen again this year. I'm thinking August to space things out a bit. We might move the get-together to Kensico to mix things up, or keep it on Croton depending on how many boats we have.

This year I hope to find a diner that is actually open 24 hours, rather than the one we met at that 'never closes' except when we met...and it was closed.

I also love the idea of a LI get together. I havent met many of the LI crew and would very much like too...

Mark

#12 ·
I'm in...

Lets get a calendar together early enough so we can all make arrangements for as many as possible...

The reservoir thing can work on a few different lakes now with the connections we have made here...Lots of boats have been added to the list...

I would also like to invite some of the LI guys out here to see what we do here on the NYC system...Bassrat and EW, come out anytime as my guest...You are both runners up after Pido and Paul_M, so get your permits too...Joe has already promised me he would...WE WILL SEE !!!

But EW, rules on my boat are, "cranks only"... lol

And I would love to go out there to that "hog paradise" that is "the island"...

fishinut,
you are gonna fish with me at least once this year...Get a permit...I need a nice 15 year old with stamina to row the boat all day...lol

Anyway I can help with any of the get-togethers, I will...

Mark D

#16 ·
JOHN G said:
one of my intended goals this year is to mix up the boater and non boater arrangments so that we get more people fishing with new people that they haven't met yet.....

and last year, we had a Reservoir get together that was really neato! on Croton, where we had access to the most boats.....would love to repeat that one also....
John,
Mixing up the boater and non boater arrangement is a terrific idea. Who knows, maybe I'll get to fish with you this time !!! (lol) :p

A Reservoir get together will definitely happen this year. In addition, we will have access to many more boats this year !

Ronnie

#17 ·
basserachi said:
I would also like to invite some of the LI guys out here to see what we do here on the NYC system...
Mark,
Shhhhhhhhhh....what are you doing inviting these "bums" on our waters....I thought we agreed to keep these GEMS to ourselves !!! (lol) :eek: :p :)

Seriously though, I think everyone will be very impressed with the fishery on the NYC Reservoirs. Along with Mark, I extend an invitation to anyone interested in sampling these waters !

Ronnie

#18 ·
OK Nick...Its a date...I look forward to it...

Robbie, that goes for you too...I forgot about you there for a minute...As a trainer you may be more fit than any of these other guys and therefore may be more valuable to me...lol...I will get you a custom fitted shirt that says MINN KOTA, cause your gonna be my trollong motor that day...lol...

The invite goes for any of the guys, anytime...I mean that...

Mark D

#21 ·
John,

Hint noted- I would love to have another get together at Keuka in 2004. The first one was a blast! I just have to be sure the house is still standing and can then put out a few dates.

I missed the Maho outing this year, but I really want to make the next, wherever it may be...

Black Lake sounds GREAT!

#22 ·
Black Lake sounds good to me!!!

John,

I will let you know what my schedule for the new year is in an e-mail soon, I promise!!!

Now the problem with the Bashakill, your right, high water in early spring could be a problem but in March, April or May there are not many choices, unless many members are going to get their PA license and then I have a multitude of places!!! We could do one right now on a few waters that are still ice free!!!:D

#24 ·
I truly enjoyed all the NYBass functions I attended this past year, and look forward to many more too.

Is there a reason no early season NYBass fishing 'meets' are not done in NJ??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.