The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of a little early winter get together....

there are two Sundays with this thing, however, DEC 28 looks better because it is after Christmas and before New Years......

how many guys would like to meet up down there at the Javits center?

last year I went with PETE....this year, Gregg wants to go....

how about my "inner circle"? LOL......Woody, Jeff and the rest, what' s up buddies?

we had a good time there last year, ate some junk food....etc.....bought a few oddities here and there.....

hey Long Island, how about you guys? Nick, Wild Bill, Earthy and the rest.......how about a few carloads of you characters? LOL....

let's see who is interested!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
My plans look like I'll be heading in on Saturday the 27th with the family whom, after a quick browse through the show, I will be dumping in a cab as I remain behind to do some serious shopping for my NEW BOAT!!!:D (or close to new anyway).

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay, let's keep dialogue open, nothing set in stone, if the next weekend is better for the majority, I am in........

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
Sounds good to me!!!!! Some guy sent me free tickets and a hat , so what the hell!!!!

Gee - Now if we can only get him to send a Limo to pick us up..........[hint hint]!!!

Pete

·
The Fishuation
5,011 Posts
Pete L said:
Sounds good to me!!!!! Some guy sent me free tickets and a hat , so what the hell!!!!

Gee - Now if we can only get him to send a Limo to pick us up..........[hint hint]!!!

Pete
AT LEAST YOU GOT TICKETS & A HAT, i GOT NUTHIN AND I EMAILED THAT GUY WEEKS AGO. LOL

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Not sure when yet

Supposedly our tickets are in the mail. When they come I plan on taking the family, just not sure when yet. If some of us end up there on the same day it would be fun to meet up.

·
1,252 Posts
First year I went to the boat show was 1967. I remember being on a 65' Hatteras that they brought down from Buffalo since they couldn't get that pig over the bridges here in NYC.

·
Banned
5,935 Posts
I'll be coming and hope to see you all there! Pete, save me space in the limo!

Mark

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mark and Pete: what day is good for you? or I should say, which Sunday.......actually, I just looked in my appt book and I see that I am also off on SAT the 27th.........

so: SAT 27, Sun 28 and then next WEEK, Jan 4th....

which is the day that the most of us can meet???

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
Bass Rat said:
AT LEAST YOU GOT TICKETS & A HAT, i GOT NUTHIN AND I EMAILED THAT GUY WEEKS AGO. LOL
Nicky, When did you email me for tickets? I never received it.
How many do you need?

John,
I guess that I'll be there too! LOL

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Leigh: you are a given! LOL......

but I would like to get a bunch together.....so that we could meet up at lunchtime and compare notes......

I will be in the market for a yacht in the million dollar category...

LOL......

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
John,
Would you like the yacht with or without a trolling motor?

There will be several in that price catagory at the show.

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
I will be in the market for a yacht in the million dollar category...
Sounds like you had a good root canal season!!!!! :D :D

·
Banned
5,935 Posts
I can do any of those days, but I think the 28th is preferable.

Mark

·
Registered
52 Posts
John G,

How many feet will this million dollar bass boat be?

Let's see:

3 o4 thousand pound thrust trolling motor with remote control foot pedal of course.

At least 3 if not 4 big block Yamaha 300 HP outboards

Live wells could be aquariums.

Scully could have his own cabin.

Can we all pick the colors for you.

I wish I had the time, the NY Boat show is the best.

Enjoy,
John/NH

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
Beleive it or not....those monster yachts HAVE the equivilant of a trolling motor type of device. Its called a "bow thruster" and 3 or 4 thousand pounds of thrust is about right.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would like to be in!

I want in!

I have these tickets to the boat show so i guess i am going!...{leigh..Thanks so much!}...i'll be the one wearing the boat show hat...shouldn't be hard to spot me....LOL...i'll be looking for the date...i work a few blocks away so whatever day it is doesn't matter.

See you guys soon!
kilrbil

1 - 20 of 41 Posts