The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Wishin' I Was Fishin'
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The presents are opened...... the bird's in the oven, so now, let's talk fishing! December smallmouth to be exact.

I'm looking at a trip to Conesus or Keuka for this Sunday. The forecasted high is in the upper 40's. How can I pass that up, at the end of December? Saturday is a "no-go" because I have to attend our annual executive committee meeting.

Last I talked to Andy, he said: "Just give me the call"! So, I expect he's in. The Ranger is still ready to roll!

Who's in??:D

C'ya on the water,
Ted
:letusfish
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
The boat's been away for a few weeks, but if there's an open seat I'd be more than happy to fill it. Just tell me when and where.

·
Dragging Bass
2,657 Posts
Rob and I are talking about breaking out his "Micro Bass" for a late season outing, maybe on Conesus or even Hemlock (not sure if any ice accumulated there or not). Also not sure what day we might do that, but Sunday sounds like a winner to me :D

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
Ted, they are calling for 50 degree weather down here.....but I will be at the NyBoat show.....my bass boat is winterized, so I would have to take the jon boat out if I went out anywhere.......

most of our small waters are still iced over, despite the mild weather......

·
Wishin' I Was Fishin'
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Little later, this year!

I usually winterize the boat, right around Christmas time. But, I haven't done it yet, in hopes of getting one more trip in. I would imagine that this will be my last for this year. But, then again, next year is only 1 week away.:D On several of the Finger Lakes, we can fish bass 'till mid-March. 'Ya never know!:) Keuka Lake rarely freezes over. It's not that these lakes are so big, but the fact that they are so deep.

C'ya on the water,
Ted

·
Registered
23 Posts
I might be able to break it out. I didnt winterize it, I just took the batteries and all of my stuff out... If the weather holds true I can be there....

·
Wishin' I Was Fishin'
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let's make it a "date"

pitchindocks said:
If the weather holds true I can be there....
We're not going to get too many more like that! Need a break after all the hum-drum of the holidays!:) Not to mention, another boat on the water would be nice, especially if you'd like some company. Let us know...... we'll make some definite plans!!:beerchug:

C'ya on the water,
Ted

·
Registered
23 Posts
You have a point there Ted. Cant argue with that! If anyone wants a seat I can get there around 8 am....

·
Wishin' I Was Fishin'
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seth?????

Hey, I know Sundays aren't the best for you, but maybe an exception on this day?;) We'll call it the "End-Of-The-Year Smallmouth Bonanza".:D Plus, if you could make it, then maybe Rob wouldn't have to pull the "Micro Bass" out. We'd have room for everyone, comfortably.

Three boats! We could almost have a December tournament.:D

C'ya on the water,
Ted

·
Registered
23 Posts
I say we all throw in $10 , winner takes all for biggest fish.... If we have my boat (2 people) Ted's boat (2 people) and Noel and Rob in the Micro... Thats 6 people, and a $60 Pot... Just enought to cover my expenses, LOL!

·
Dragging Bass
2,657 Posts
Seth and Lora are actually at Seth's folks in Indiana. Either way, they are not here.

I'm not sure a "money event" is a fair proposition with the MB, unless we're allowed to go to Hemlock :D

I haven't talked to Rob yet, he is hard to get ahold of lately!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well... I am going alone so if, you , john or anyone wants to go. just let me know! It'll be interesting to see if my boat will start...

·
Wishin' I Was Fishin'
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As long as it floats..........

pitchindocks said:
It'll be interesting to see if my boat will start...
...... we'll tow you to your spots! :D

I know that SeaJack wanted to go. If it's a date, I'll call Andy and firm things up with him. Anybody else out there?????

C'ya on the water,
Ted

·
Dragging Bass
2,657 Posts
Winds for Sunday are supposed to be 5-10 and direct south, PERFECT!!!

Oh, I'll be there!! Whether it be with Rob, or hitching a ride from one of you. Hey, we proved last week that dragging tubes 4 abreast in the same boat is quite possible.

BTW, I think Charlie went to Texas for yhe holidays, or else I'm sure he would be there to.

·
Wishin' I Was Fishin'
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We're in!

Just talked to Andy, and he's good to go.:cool: We'll be there between 7:30 and 8:00 am. Sea Jack...... you out there?? Come on down! We'll make room for you, somewhere. No problem!!

C'ya on the water,
Ted

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm in!

Sorry for the delay, but with working 10 hours and a family dinner at 5 I couldn't get to a computer till now.

I'll be at the launch before 8, or whenever you tell me.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yup, Noel has it right. I am in Indiana right now...looking at a frozen lake....oh well. I hope you guys have a blast!!!!

On the bright side, I may try to get out on Clear lake next week....it is the home of the current Indiana state record smallie, trout and pike! Nothing is Conesus though....:(

Seth V

BTW Noel, Lora says "Merry Christmas" to Robyn.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts