The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to head up to lake George for a week of camping, we stay on long island and have been doing this for three years now, we always go in June but this year it had to be August. We always had good luck with morning and evening bite around Long Island and Harris Bay using tubes. We never got a good day bite and plan on improving that this year, just looking for some advice

I started drop shoting this year and plan on bringing some roboworms, senkos, gulp minnows, and other soft plastics. I also downloaded the Navionics app for my iPhone so now I can actually pre plan areas to fish, I started plotting point of interest like humps and points.

For the day just looking for some advice on areas and depth for this time of year. We have not been up to narrows yet but plan on giving that a shot as I hear you start to get out of the cookie cutter bass up there, just looking for suggestions on mainly depth

Thanks in advance, I will post a full report when I get back

·
Gone Fishin
1,212 Posts
all up to the sun during the day from my experience. If it's bluebird skies fishing is tough. a little wind and rain and they''ll be in 20FOW or more shallow...long island is a great spot.
the island SW Long and north ofDark bay is great. find the ledge on SE side of that island and rip a spoon up and down. your tube will do well there too. tons of boat traffic there is the main problem

·
Registered
72 Posts
Try the rock shoal area just east of diamond Island(south of long). Pilot Knob is a good spot. off the north tip of long island has decent fish sometimes. there is also a nice hump south and west of Phelps island that has deep water all around but comes up to 18 to 20 ft, ya just have to find it. Good Luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Getting ready to head up to lake George for a week of camping, we stay on long island and have been doing this for three years now, we always go in June but this year it had to be August. We always had good luck with morning and evening bite around Long Island and Harris Bay using tubes. We never got a good day bite and plan on improving that this year, just looking for some advice

I started drop shoting this year and plan on bringing some roboworms, senkos, gulp minnows, and other soft plastics. I also downloaded the Navionics app for my iPhone so now I can actually pre plan areas to fish, I started plotting point of interest like humps and points.

For the day just looking for some advice on areas and depth for this time of year. We have not been up to narrows yet but plan on giving that a shot as I hear you start to get out of the cookie cutter bass up there, just looking for suggestions on mainly depth

Thanks in advance, I will post a full report when I get back
There are some new in-app purchases on the Navionics app, like auto-routing and advanced map options. with the map options you can highlight different depth ranges, highlight shallow water areas, adjust for water level offsets, and more.

·
Registered
429 Posts
From my trips to Lake George this time of year I have good luck with a drop shot rigs. Anywhere from 20-30ft deep you should hit some smallies or large mouth. I'll be there in about 3 weeks myself. Good luck!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got back a few days ago, we tried deep (40+ FOW) but it was windy most of the week and my 13' whaler was blowing all over the place. We did find a lot of fish, just no size, but still had a blast

1 - 7 of 7 Posts