The New York Bass Forums banner

Lake Ronkonkoma 9lber

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  justbassin 
#1 ·
Well not a bass but it looks like some idiot emptied their fish tank into the lake. 9.19lb Red Bellied Pacu taken on a crankbait.

See less See more
#8 ·
When I was like 12 my father had a 250 gallon tank with some huge pacu in it. About 4-5 lbs. Well one night we lost power and one of the pacu died. This was also right about the time that "The Flying Lure" was introduced and I had just so happened to get a bunch of them for my birthday or something. Anyhow, I took a purple and black flying lure and stuck it in the pacu's mouth and rode over to the local bait shop on my bicycle and told them that I caught it in the reservoir. They couldn't believe it, they were blown away and about to start notifying the presses. Well I thought it was hysterical, didn't say a word, hopped on my bike and rode home. When I got home I told my old man all about it. He laughed but called me an idiot and made me rush back to the bait shop and let them know about the hoax before they really did go ahead and notify anybody.

#11 ·
If it's chasing a crank bait then I think nuts are not the only forage right now. I also saw a River Monsters where these things were not just eating nuts. They adapted to go after forage that was prominant in the water they were in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.