The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Options, leave them open

Hi, I'm now in NC, Huntersville (South End of Lake Norman), I've been here for 2 1/2 years, and I would say that if your coming this far to Fish in the mid summer you may want to open your options. While the lake is large and does hold some fish and if family is a factor, yes by all means you can fish the lake. From what I've been told, you have to fish deep and realllllllllyyyyyy slow in the summer, Norman is not close to the fishery is used to be. Funny thing, I live 1/2 mile from the Blythe Landing marina, yet every time as ask a local about Fishing, they reference another lake in the state. I fish 4 or 5 time a month, but haven't fished Norman yet. Yes it sound strange, but I'm originally from Staten Island and we've always "Fished where you can catch 'em".....

Don't get me wrong, the lake properties, restaurants, views are people are amazing (I even found a great authentic Italian Deli), but just be open to options if the fishing is tough.

Other Option within driving distance:
High Rock Lake - 1.0 hour
Lake Tillary-1.5 hours
Badin Lake-1.0 hour
Lake Wiley- 45 min

Michael

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
We caught some pigs there. Also big catfish and gar. Last time I fished it was 87. It was still a good lake then. We just used tubes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.