The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
WackyRig Making Toolmaker
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the wife wanted to get out on the water yesterday, made sense to hit Hopatcong since you can run a little to cool off in the 90 + heat. Well Hopatcong on a holiday weekend is like putting your boat in a washing machine, loads of fun and plenty of stupidity. Seen a guy in the middle of the lake on one of those stand up paddle boards, yea brilliant right. Boat launch at Lee's when I arrived was pretty empty, kind of surprised me. Did get a few bass and none picture worthy, 4 in the boat on 4 differant lures, yea 4 for about 4 lbs, small ones, got 1 on a drop shot in 15 FOW, another 1 on a creature bait under a dock, 1 in pads on a power worm, and the last on a weed edge on a senko. Well it was a fire works night as I got back to Lee's it was a comedy show of mistakes, guy launches boat, no rope as it floats away, pontoon boat launches and almost takes out my boat and another one close by, another boat has way over the max people on it with 10 on a boat rated for 6, figure the State Police were going to have a lot of fun issuing tickets last night for sure, note to self never hit Hopat on a holiday.

·
Registered
2021 GMC Sierra
1,841 Posts
Live and learn Bill.....but you kinda figured it would be a zoo....I haven't been there in 3-4 years and don't miss it a bit.....

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
We were there a few weeks ago. My wife and I did a picnic by the beach area. I took 1 rod and fished a sweet beaver and ended up loosing 2 nice smallies. Didn't get a good vibe from the lake

·
WackyRig Making Toolmaker
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I only posted a few of the comedy BS I saw, guy launches his boat leaves his kid and wife at the ramp instead of pulling it to the side, blocks ramp goes and parks vehicle and then gets his stuff out of vehicle to bring to his boat, IDIOT, 2 more boats with way over the limit for people launch, not enough seats for all dozen passengers on each boat, just crazy on that lake.

·
ArmyBassAnglers_seancombs
26 Posts
Ok. Hopatcong is officially the place where people go to be stupid. Was there on July 14. The best part of the day was watching two guys falling off the back of their boat when the vehicle driver decided to pull out of ramp 2 (Lees park) at about 30mph without them being ready. The first guys went off the back in a hurry, and the second guy hurdled from the front of the boat, past the console, and over the back seat and motor. I would've thought falling into the center was a better option but this guys was determined NOT to fall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.