The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Lake George the first week of August. Staying in Dunham Bay. Any advise or tips would be greatly appreciated. Keep reading hair jigs and jerk baits. Also noticed the upper right leg have quite a few islands that seem very appealing. Thanks in advance. Pete

·
Registered
66 Posts
Drop shot drop shot drop shot all day long. There are some monsters lurking beneath where the water turns darker from the Rocky shoreline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was up there early-mid June and wish I did research.

The only real way to fish is having a boat. There really is no bank fishing as most of the shore is privately owned, at least in the southern area I was in.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Drop shot drop shot drop shot all day long. There are some monsters lurking beneath where the water turns darker from the Rocky shoreline.

I was at Lake George, Northwest Bay area, I was on the shore fishing off the dock only, I read this "drop shot" post while there, and then looked up how to rig it on YouTube. Yo, this was like the best advice ever. Lake George's shore slopes fast and is all rock. I caught some huge pumpkinseeds and even some decent sized smallies, but every single time I cast with the drop shot with a worm, (found in the yard and garden), I was catching something every cast.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was at Lake George, Northwest Bay area, I was on the shore fishing off the dock only, I read this "drop shot" post while there, and then looked up how to rig it on YouTube. Yo, this was like the best advice ever. Lake George's shore slopes fast and is all rock. I caught some huge pumpkinseeds and even some decent sized smallies, but every single time I cast with the drop shot with a worm, (found in the yard and garden), I was catching something every cast.
Yea I’m glad you were able to use that strategy. I grew up fishing lake George and rarely caught anything worthwhile. I caught a ton of rock bass and bluegill. Once I figured out that the largemouth bass are hiding deep it changed my whole entire outlook
Water Smile Sunglasses Boat Sleeve

Water Smile Sky Boat Cloud

Here My son who was 6 at the time caught a nice lunker. I set up a “Palomar knot” (drop shot being the unofficial name ) and he was able to reel one in.

·
Administrator
21,700 Posts
thanks for the input....a Palomar Knot is a standard, universal knot used in bass fishing for basically almost any technique and is not specific to drop shotting....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey John I just discovered the umbrella rig. Have you ever used it before. Is it worth trying out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts