The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading up to the Lake George area with the family on Saturday and staying the week on Glen Lake. I am an avid Kayak fisherman looking to hook into some LMB and SMB. Any recommendations?
Thanks,
Layne

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Its the Adirondacks, so you know there's fish and from that location you have great lake options. You can check out my report from Schroon Lake over the 4th of July, I'm sure its still a very similar summer pattern, maybe picked up a little. It was fishing very very slow, just barely dragging that Jig across the bottom in about 15 feet of water, for me anyway. Last weekend though down state the bite picked back up, so I'm not sure if the same applies up there but I assume it will help you to know this slow pattern exists, in case you're not seeing the "fast" action. Last weekend, I tried out what I'm calling medium retrieve methods, where as the Bottom Jigging is really slow, because most of the action is on the fall and you want to dead stick a lot in these situations, a wacky rig has all kinds of action even during the retrieve. I like to fish faster, so I'm liking the Wacky, but still dead sticking it and letting them inhale the bait.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts