The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from my annual camping/fishing trip we have been doing for going on 15 years. We had a great time with the exception of setting up the site and doing 2 trips with the boats to unload the stuff onto Long Island.

As for fishing was averaging 20-30 fish a day for myself, but no real size. Biggest was 2.5lbs. Tons of LM off of a small hump with weeds of Long Island and in Harris bay. Plenty of smallmouth in the mix and as assembly point and northeast humps on Long Island. Drop shot with roboworms worked morning, noon, and night so didn't fish much else

·
Registered
179 Posts
nice fishing man. I'm actually going up there next week to camp for a few days. Did you rent a boat or bring your own? If you brought one in, where'd you launch out of and was there a launch/parking fee? I'm trying to figure out where to launch and can't seem to find much info about parking etc. thanks man

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most marinas charge $40 to launch and pull out, with an additional $20 a day for parking truck with trailer. We luckily were able to launch and park both trucks and trailers at a coworkers house. We launched at Harris bay marina this year and gilchrest the other two years. Dunhams bay is cheaper for parking if you have a small boat and can fit under the bridge, good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.