The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an Kayak Angler from South Jersey-
I spent last week up in the Adirondacks in the Lake George region. We stayed on Glen Lake which is just South East of Lake George. I fish every morning- 6 days on Glen Lake and 1 day on Lake George. WOW
The fishing action is non stop! I caught 122 bass during my time up there plus many Rock Bass, Pickerel and all the Blue Gills you could ever want. As far as size goes- my biggest was a 17 inch Large Mouth that I got at Lake George and a 15 inch Small Mouth that I got at Glen Lake. So action was hot but size was small- lots of 8-10 inch bass- but so much fun!
Lake Champlain was only about 30 minutes from me but I never got a chance to "get away" from the family to hit it.
The water was so clear that I was using 4lb test fluorocarbon. The problem with that is main structure is rock- lots of retying and broken lines. The water was also very deep- Glen Lake was 50 at its deepest and Lake George as areas that are almost 200 feet deep! Don't drop your rod overboard there!
If you ever get a chance to go to that area- bring your yak, even if you don't fish- the scenery is breathtaking!

·
Registered
212 Posts
what lures were you using? i have had mixed luck there. the fish seemed wise to my hooks and most bass shook out of them even after i set them. i would love to go in late august some time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.