The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up to Lake champlain this weekend. Will be up there Thurs-Sun of this week. Seems that there have been alot of mixed reviews on the lake this season thus far. Some say its real high and dirty and not fishing well others seem to not think it has risen as much and are finding good fish. Was wondering if anyone has fished it in the past week or so and would like to share any info on how it fished for them and how the conditions have been especially since it looks like the water level has been stable past 5-7 days or so. Any info or tip are appreciated.
Thanks Guys

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I just looked at the lake levels its very close to flood levels - I'd be looking for the clearest water I could find and the deepest water closest to the bank.... flats going back into the woods could be very hard to pattern (since they could be about anywhere!) To be completely honest I'd expect tough conditions but with the numbers of bass that live on the lake they have to be somewhere? Not sure where you will be fishing but You could always think about going north above the bridge at least there you'll find cleaner water!

Good Luck!

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.