The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about the Big knicks deal? It sounds good to me.

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Proposed trade

New York would acquire Stephon Marbury, Penny Hardaway, and Cezary Trybanski from Phoenix for Antonio McDyess, Howard Eisley, Charlie Ward, Maciej Lampe, the rights to Milos Vujanic, and cash+ 2 picks

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
I like it

Knicks made a very good deal acquiring Stephon Marbury, in my opinion, an excellent point guard that can be explosive, scoring wise. Playing in NY will increase expectations, but he's used to that. A local favorite, he will make the Knicks a couple of dollars richer in the box office. He is clutch big time in close games . Frank Williams, who shined in the Knicks recent winning streak, will come off the bench, backing up Marbury. Hardaway would be a solid backup shooting guard but despite injuries, can flash some of his former self in certain games.

The Suns made their move , based on financial reasons, freeing cap space and will be in the midst of things trying to acquire Kobe when he becomes a free agent. In Ward and Eisley, they get a solid guard team , fundamentally sound players. Lampe , touted as a high pick in last year's draft , is going to be a project, just like he was with the Knicks. Maybe in Stoudamaire's absence, the Suns will give him a few minutes a game to prove himself.

Knicks will improve tremendously enough to give the powerhouse Eastern teams ( who are they, LOL) fits, especially late in the season and the playoffs.

I see them a couple of notches higher than my beloved Celtics with this deal.

Good job, by Isiah. Chaney has the tools now to produce some wins...if not, he's a goner....

Joe

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
if this trade happens, I will eat a bag of earthy's tube lures! LOL.....

it is so hopelessly, laughably one sided.....

why would anyone give up Stephon Marbury for a collection of trash and junk like that....

it just doesn't sound right to me...

are you sure Allan Houston isn't part of the trade bait...

seriously: sounds preposterously one sided to me......

·
1,252 Posts
It's a good move to free up cap space for the Suns. I think eisely had the only long term contract that the Suns will pick up.

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Does this free up any cap room for the Knicks or is it a wash? I can't seeing them taking on more although Marbury is a good NY type player who is pretty good and should be good for NY.

·
Administrator
11,528 Posts
if this trade happens, I will eat a bag of earthy's tube lures! LOL.....
Would you like some ketchup with that? It a done deal!

And they still stink!

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
okay okay........what I forgot is the damn economics of the sport...

normally, such a deal would never take place...

For Chrissakes: they were able to trade Eisley!!!!

unbelievable..........

they traded a two useless point guards in Ward and Eisley, a useless draft pick in Lampe, a scared rabbit's rights ( Vujanic ) chicken to play in the league, a cripple ( McDyess)...........

beyond belief...to get one best 5 point guards in the league...........

pass me the tubes.....

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Color/scent?
I'm thinking Red Shad with a Garlic Craw combo....a little like Langostina. You could serve it up with a nice penne , some Broccoli Rabe, and a fine white wine.
I know, most would accompany Red shad with a Merlot or perhaps a deep red wine but the crisp Chardonay just seems to fit.:beerchug:

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
oh my......I love to eat humble pie......LOL......Mike was at my office this morning and also teased me....what can I say?

however, glad as all hell that I was wrong because I have always admired Marbury a lot........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts