The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gone Fishin
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I got out for a little bit last night at Kensico. Fishing was brutally slow. I only caught one 3lb 5oz LM and a few dinks. I did see a ton of small bass hovering at the tops of weedbeds, but couldn’t pull any fish out of those beds.

I ended up leaving at 9:00pm after meeting another angler on the water as I headed in. If you are on these boards please sound off and PM me! I should have made a better more personal introduction.

As I got to the top of the path at area12 I noticed 3 kids…I would say young teens….2 were looking into my windows. I stepped back down the path and texted a friend, cuz the parking spot there is in the middle of nowhere and truth be told was a little scared. I then announced myself and walked in a steady pace in their direction. One said for some reason “there is someone asleep in this car” to me…I said no there is not, that’s my car. Then they all hopped on bikes and peddled off. I never got closer than probably 25 feet to them. Young kids, but still up to no good. I would hate to sit next to them in a restaurant.

No one should be in that area out of a car at night except for fishermen.
Be careful everyone!! Thanks for reading.
KLunker18

Attachments

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Where is your AR-15 when you need it?:laugh: Many years ago, myself & my friend Mark were night fishing at Amawalk. This was in the time of the Gas shortages in the mid 1970`s. When we got back to our cars at around 2:00am, both our Gas Caps were off. His car was siphoned. Mine had a restrainer in it that didn`t allow siphoning. We both found our Gas Caps on the floor, but for good measure they broke his radio antena. Those are the Grandparents of todays kids at restaurants.:laugh:

·
Registered
96 Posts
i fish kensico alot and there are always kids there either swimming or up to no good , especially in A8. I always get pissed that we cant carry our pistols on DEP grounds cause you never know what kind of undesirable punk asses you will run into, especially when you go out alone to fish.

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
i fish kensico alot and there are always kids there either swimming or up to no good , especially in A8. I always get pissed that we cant carry our pistols on DEP grounds cause you never know what kind of undesirable punk asses you will run into, especially when you go out alone to fish.
I was passing by Croton Falls on Stoneleigh Ave the other day & there were about 8 kids in Bathing Suits carrying towels down to the Reservoir. They dive off the rock ledges right after the Rip Rap on Stoneleigh Ave. By the time the DEP police show up, they are usually gone. I`m getting tired of calling the DEP Police just about every time I go fishing. The DEP Police said they would be out in force this year. If anything, I have seen them much less this year than any other year.

·
Weights&Measures
2,196 Posts
Why can't you carry a pistol on dep grounds? Never heard of that

·
Registered
96 Posts
justin.... because its considered NY City property, not NY state property..

The use or carrying of handguns is prohibited on all City Property except for purposes of hunting, either at Hunting Areas by persons with valid Access Permits or in Public Access Areas.

this was a quote from the website

·
Registered
3 Posts
If your licensed in the State I would still carry concealed. No one would know and if you ever got into a real life threatening situation you would have it to protect yourself. Brandishing a handgun to protect personal property anywhere in NY is a horrible idea for you legally, despite my personal beliefs on this.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
That sucks Kevin.... last month I fished late with a friend at area 5/6 and when I got to 22 I saw a small car parked behind mine at the bottom of the hill with two people - lights out - but running. I really didn't want to walk past them - so popped my locks/lights twice as I walked that way and magically they took off as soon as I did that. Didn't make me feel good that they were sitting there for no good reason.

Maybe I'll put some Fritos under my car from now on... I can't see kids hanging around if Yogi is sitting there having a snack!!!

And as for the kids.... had their parents taken them to a upscale restaurant that night to bounce around and cause havoc - we'd all be safer on the Voirs!!!! Blame the "Marty" types for this!!!! LOL!!!

J.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If your licensed in the State I would still carry concealed. No one would know and if you ever got into a real life threatening situation you would have it to protect yourself. Brandishing a handgun to protect personal property anywhere in NY is a horrible idea for you legally, despite my personal beliefs on this.
So its OK to break the law, as long as no one knows about it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.