The New York Bass Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
><,___((0< ><>
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do u need to be affiliated with a bass club to fish tournaments?
does joining cost money?
ive been spending all my free time fishing cant wait to hit my first tournament one more question do you need a boat to hit these tournaments ? thanx for your time?

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
do u need to be affiliated with a bass club to fish tournaments? Yes.

does joining cost money? Yes. There are dues to pay. from the annual fee, the tournament fee, gas expenses, snacks , accomodations, etc. And that is not accounting for the gear and tackle, for each year.

ive been spending all my free time fishing cant wait to hit my first tournament one more question do you need a boat to hit these tournaments ? thanx for your time? No. You can fish a tournament without a boat. Most clubs have openings for nonboaters and you can fish together or against a boater. IMO, it is probably the best way to go, if you want to start fishing tournaments.

hope this helps

joe

·
Registered
346 Posts
Bass club tournaments are a great way to get started. They are usually inexpensive and most are looking for nonboaters. There are other other options as well you can look into. The ABA has a draw at the ramp format. You just show up pay and you will be paired with a boater. There is a membership fee but I thinks its only $30.00. I know around me, guys have small pick up trails that no affiliation with any national organization.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Tournament fishing

Is a BIG expense and very time consuming (3am to 6pm)on local tournies,
BUT
It is exciting,competitive,thrilling,fun,challenging
MAKE LOTS OF NEW FRIENDS
LEARN LOADS OF INFO
FISH NEW BODIES OF WATER
BECOME A DIVERSE FISHERMEN
HAVE A CHANCE TO BREAK EVEN $$$$$ AT THE END OF THE DAY:furious::laugh: