The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
21,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was at Bethel Woods last night to see the Eagles, and, although in general, it was a fantastic concert and they were running right through my Eagles playlist from my IPOD playing all of their best songs ( it was called HISTORY OF THE EAGLES, so they went in chronological order), somewhere in the second half, I guess they felt it was dragging and they then suddenly unleased Joe Walsh, who, up to then, had been playing mainly a secondary role.....

now, when THIS guy gets going, he is simply on another stratosphere of talent and personality....he just literally TOOK OVER the concert, and breaking with the format, did a bunch of his songs....

he was killing it, and the crowd went wild.......

Andy Footballs was there and can confirm this, unfortunately, it was SO crowded that Andy and I were never able to meet up on the premises....

·
Registered
404 Posts
great show and great place to see one. rolling farm land and great weather.joe Walsh is always great. Does his James Gang stuff.Tribute to Levon was great. Just announced he his going to make an all blues album with some other guest stars. Should be really exciting stuff.

·
aquatic theologian
2,156 Posts
great show and fantastic venue. The band sounded great, but you're right Joe Walsh really got the crowd pumped up. I saw him @ the Barclays opening for Bob Seger this spring and he was great there too. Sobriety can do wonders for some of these aging musicians.

·
Crass Angler
9,936 Posts
Joe Walsh was always the rock behind that band. Age hasn't slowed him down a bit. I generally disliked the Eagles growing up, but the songs that feature his singing, or guitar work are now a pleasure, especially if performed live.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.