The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
21,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all that time off with the ankle surgery...finally comes back and then hurts the ankle again, off again for more months...finally comes back: one game, strains quadriceps...out for 2 weeks...back one game: reinjures quadriceps, back on the 15 day DL....

not looking good, Yankee fans....

and here is the contract situation for those not aware: when Jeter signed that "four" year deal, back then, it was 3 years of guaranteed ( circa 16-18 million per ), and the 4th year was a PLAYER option of EIGHT Million, plus incentives, that, with his "usual" season, would have translated to about 11-12 ish for the last year....

if Jeter had NEVER gotten injured, then, there is no way he would have played for a pay cut after doing another 200 hit season..but he didn't, he has missed ALL of the season so far, and there is not much hope for how much he can salvage....

what happens if the Yankees will not tear up the contract and Jeter would have to take the Option....or better yet, if Jeter never plays this year at all, would the Yanks even want to pay him 8 for next year??

my feeling is that this is going to be a contentious mess no matter what...

all of this would be solved if Jeter would smell the caffeine and simply retire....but with his lifestyle, I doubt that....

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
all of this would be solved if Jeter would smell the caffeine and simply retire....but with his lifestyle, I doubt that....
C`mon John. Attacking Jeter. What has he ever done wrong being a Yankee. You should be complaining about A-Roid, & not making this injury Jeters fault for busting it for 17 years & saving the Yankees time & again. As for his life style, you think he can`t retire with his 100 Mil in the bank.
Your so concerned with him getting 8 mil next year. What about A-Roid,Teixera,Granderson. How much have they contributed this year?
IF ANYBODY deserves that 8 mil, it`s Jeter. Your speaking like a MET fan looking for BAD on the Yankees.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
He's one of the rare players that I wouldn't care one bit if he took the 8 mil - rode the bench as a DH / Mentor / coach - doing a farewell tour year next year. Very few players deserve this type treatment... he does.

My only issue would be if he fought to play the field and was hurting the team... I'd hope he never goes there as he's been the model team guy his whole career.

J.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts