The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting the lead out is what it is!

immediately re-instates Sweetney from the "injured" list, I mean, he is a top ten draft pick and your team sucks, you HAVE To play this guy to see what he can do....

ditto for Frank Williams...he won the game last night...what is the point whatsoever of playing Ward or Eisley, when you know what they can do (nothing) and Ward will NOT be on the team next year, and Eisley will be packed out if anyone is stupid enough to take him.....

either Williams can lead the team or not, but you have to find out...at least he has some flash and pizazz......I mean it has to be some sort of fun for the fans!

Weatherspoon is put on "injured" reserve, soon to be dropped and the remainder of his obscene contract eaten....another disastrous move by Layden.....not in getting him, as he is an adequte backup in the NBA, but they gave their ENTIRE 4 million dollar a year reserve allowance to him, which was ridiculous...nobody else would have signed him for much more than a million a year........

McDyess goes to the bench where he belongs....not questioning his heart or his skill, but his knees are full of fluid, he is NOT going to make it back physically....he really only has one year left on his contract, so he will soon be history...a shame, as he is a real nice guy and was one of the greats.....if they use him sparingly, he will be able to contribute....

but Chaney was trying to play him 35 minutes or more per game to get the knicks out of their rut and his knees just simply couldn't take that......

Chaney was making all the moves to win now...not the best for the team long term....there was no direction, as Layden insisted that they had all the tools necessary to win now...what a joke! no wonder Layden is out on his arse...if anyone ever deserved it, it is him.....

let's see what else Isaiah does......including head coach which I believe is just a matter of time depending on whether there is anyone qualified enough out there......

another mistake by stupid Layden: while guys like Rich Carlyle and Larry Brown were availabe.....HE
WAS EXTENDING CHANEY'S CONTRACT!!!!

THIS WAS THE SINGLE MOST FAUX PAS OF THEM ALL AND THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS SINGLE ACT OF MISMANAGEMENT IN ALL PROFESSIONAL SPORTS IN THE LAST YEAR, BAR NO TEAMS........

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
Put Riley or Larry Brown on this team, and they'd still lose! The team is a bad mix of insignificant players, led by Houston with his 20 ppg, a veeeeeryy soft 20 ppg.

The Knicks are in a rut cap wise and it'd be a while till they land a big name. The only way to improve this team is thru the draft, but a lousy Knicks team is a no-no in business/money minded NYC.

The goal is not to lose so much but to win enough games to generate enough buzz, to make money....

Joe

G

·
MR Gargani

After our phone conversation yesterday...I must agree that you would make a good sports analyist...
Hope all is well and you had a GREAT time at the show.
Woody

1 - 3 of 3 Posts