The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out with a few hours after work with my buddy Tom. Caught a 26" northern and only caught one bass. No luck with a jig bite recently. All fish worth talking about are coming on deep cranks.

6.0 lbs even

and one from sunday. This was just a low 5 but one of the shortest, stocky looking bass I have seen in a while. Great looking fish. Most of the fish have been averaging around 4-4.6lbs with a few 5's here and there.

·
bass addict
7,298 Posts
aawesome fish dude !!!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
went out with a few hours after work with my buddy Tom. Caught a 26" northern and only caught one bass. No luck with a jig bite recently. All fish worth talking about are coming on deep cranks.

SSKEETER SS.. so tell us a little bit about the lake you're fishing

How big is it.?

Public or private access?

You say deep cranks, so what's considered deep for that particular body of water? 10 ft., 15 ft., 20 ft., 25 ft. or more?

In your opinion is there any particular brand of deep crank that's work better than any other on that given water shed and if so why do you think that is?

What kind of retrieve do you find works best for your deep cranking on that lake?

And thanks in advance for sharing few tips to help us all better understand that fishery

Nice photos of some solid fish congrats.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

SSKEETER SS.. so tell us a little bit about the lake you're fishing

How big is it.?

Public or private access?

You say deep cranks, so what's considered deep for that particular body of water? 10 ft., 15 ft., 20 ft., 25 ft. or more?

In your opinion is there any particular brand of deep crank that's work better than any other on that given water shed and if so why do you think that is?

What kind of retrieve do you find works best for your deep cranking on that lake?

And thanks in advance for sharing few tips to help us all better understand that fishery

Nice photos of some solid fish congrats.
The lake is public. 330 acres. Max depth is 24ft with a mean depth of 7ft. Lake is 70% thick vegetation. Very few key contours that hold big fish, consistently. Deep cranking, I mean 15-20ft on Lucky craft D20's.

others that fish it, might disagree with what I believe (however solid results just prove it) but retrieval speed and specific colors/bait action are what play a major role in the big ones vs the 3-4lbers. This is not a numbers lake. Its a quality lake. My home lake so I am partial with keeping my secrets internet safe lol

However, In the connecting lake 4 miles away from this one, that has all the deep ledges you could ever want. That lake is 118' deep and has over 3 miles worth of ledges in it between 20-50' of water. That lake is "meromictic" so its a complete different animal to fish, but its a special one. Most of my fish are combo's between these two lakes. If one lake is fishing bad on a weekend, I will load up and go to the other.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.