The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a month or so of trying out some kayaks and researching kayaks I finally took the plunge and purchased one.

I went with the Sevylor Tahiti Fishing/Hunting Inflatable Kayak. I had to take into consideration a few things...I live in an apartment and do not have a place to store a full kayak, so this inflatable one works fine, fits in the closet. I also had to find one that would hold 350lbs or more. I tried this one out thru a guy a met fishing one day, said he had one and would let me try it. I did and it held up just fine and extremely stable for an inflatable.

I took mine out for the first time yesterday on Lake Aeroflex since it is nice and calm and plus I like to fish there.. Well the thing held up just as I had thought. Inflated in under 10 minutes, in the water and away I go. I was mostly trying to figure out what WOULD top this thing over, and I found that besides pushing the sides of the kayak down under water, and sinking (witch I did right off the launch as a test) I could not find any other way to mess up while out on the water..

Tracks nice and straight with the optional skeg and holds my 345lbs plus a small tackle box, 2 poles, and small cooler...

I am happy with it altho diehard Yak folks might not consider it a true Yak, I am happy with my purchase!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
It's a start. I live in a NYC apt and have 2 and probably getting number 3 soon. Storage can be a pain but most kayak clubs have storage as a way to make additional $

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like you said, its a start...once I get more money and more storage options then I will invest more. This is fine for me so far....I will surely move up to a different model as time goes by...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Good luck with your new ride!!

As for Aeroflex, I was there Saturday for a few hours in the afternoon. Didn't even get a bite. I still enjoy going there. Very peaceful. Maybe one day I'll meet you there.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also really enjoy going to Aeroflex. I usually get a bite or two, but even if i don't its very relaxing to just float around. I could go to Hopatcong, but its too busy and not calm enough for me in the kayak. I might try Cranberry lake, and Splitrock Reservoir in the future.

Jay I will message you and we can keep in touch.. Might be going back this saturday...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats!!! Enjoy

I live in a condominium in the top floor, so there's no way I was storing a kayak here (I would hoist it up to the balcony but apparently that's against the HOA policy).
Luckily my parents don't live too far from here and let me store it in their yard - I don't know what I would do if that wasn't a possibility, probably get a storage unit or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.