The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, what a performance by Cespedes. That dude was an absolute beast last night, every one of his shots were monstorous and no cheapies.

My biggest gripe from last night is that Harper couldn't contain himself for one night with his d-baggery. Dropping F bombs like no tomorrow. I couldn't count how many times the sound was cut because of them. Kids all over the place and he still acted like that.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Wow, what a performance by Cespedes. That dude was an absolute beast last night, every one of his shots were monstorous and no cheapies.

My biggest gripe from last night is that Harper couldn't contain himself for one night with his d-baggery. Dropping F bombs like no tomorrow. I couldn't count how many times the sound was cut because of them. Kids all over the place and he still acted like that.
As a dad - I totally agree.... but I have to admit I love the kid. He's balls to the wall - 100% go all the time and doesn't play the PR game... realistically he has Pete Rose's heart and determination but seemingly more talent - hard not to root for a guy like that when you see the majority of guys loafing to first base or pull up from a diving catch/hitting the wall on a ball they had a chance to catch. Granted - he'll shorten his career that way, but you gotta love the fact he plays hard all the time.

Yeah he should have watched himself more closely at an All Star event with 9 million cameras - but you can't argue with his authenticity.... I'd take his F-Bombs over PR pretty boys juicing and lying to our faces any day.

j.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love his game and the way he plays it but he is a role model and is someone that can influence a lot of young kids. I have a son and the last thing I want flying out of his mouth is F bombs when he miss hits a ball. I can understand an accidently slip when getting caught up in the moment but the number of times he let it rip was ridiculous.

I play in a softball league where no swearing is allowed. Why, because kids are around? You get one warning during the game and the second one you are tossed. Kids are heavily influenced by adults especially ones that they look up to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.